Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The point I’m trying to make is Eddie Howe might be entering the equivalent of Naglesmann Leipzig period, they’re not at the same stage of their careers.  Saying “HES GOING NOWHERE!!” is ok until a club asks to speak to him….I think he’ll be getting “monitored” by some big hitters now… 

Sure, maybe,  but which clubs? He hasn't done enough to get one of the big clubs in England and they're the ones who'd know most about him. Right now, his job is iron clad safe from above and I'd be amazed if he abandoned the project that's really only just beginning. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sure, maybe,  but which clubs? He hasn't done enough to get one of the big clubs in England and they're the ones who'd know most about him. Right now, his job is iron clad safe from above and I'd be amazed if he abandoned the project that's really only just beginning. 

Yeah wouldn’t disagree. Is Howe at the point in his career where Bayern went for Naglesmann though? That’s the question I thought about this morning. Think we can be fairly sure EH has at least thought about working abroad. Tbh, a manager moving on from us to better himself wouldn’t bother me too much & no one knows how someone would react until they’re asked the question…

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm saying on paper, Nagelsmann has achieved more than Howe has. That's not really up for debate is it? 

On paper Roberto Di Matteo has more than Howe. Should we appoint him?

It must be fucking awful to be a bankrupt ex-footballer. You’ve lived the high life for twenty odd years then suddenly you find yourself without a pot to piss in and absolutely no chance of ever earning anything like the sort of money you previously did.

• Like 1

He’s constantly attempted to do a complete history rewrite on his time here. Especially with regard to his general behaviour and his treatment of Bobby Robson. He’ll now start going on about how great it was here and how much he loves the fans, now we’re on the up and have loads of money. No doubt hoping to cash in as a pundit. The odious little cunt. Some player for us but, as Gemmill says, no sympathy for someone with that sort of money blowing it. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Nowt'll happen 

I think you’re right but they must be fucked for the foreseeable from a financial pov 

Nowt will happen with Everton. It should, but it won't. I would crease if they're docked points when Man City haven't been. 

Even if they do get docked points it won't happen until next season anyway, right?