Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Fucking odd behaviour by Toney like. Not really the actions of someone dealing with a full deck. You have to question what Southgate thought he was doing picking him for an England squad with this hanging over him too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

So is he now banned vs Spurs and Man City? Seems a bit unfair to let him punt it into the net for 36 out of 38 games and then let these two off for the last 2.

Think he's injured and unlikely to play anyway isn't he?

If thats right and then we're off season it's effectively a 5 month ban. 

• Like 1

His name is Ivan Toney.

He wears a durag cap.

And when he saw the bookie's cash.

He said, "I'm having that."

He pass't 'round, he cool blud!

Then went out for some beers.

And the Brentford boss found out he covered up for years!

• Haha 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/17/manchester-citys-inexorable-hard-power-crushes-real-madrid?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
I must confess to having zero time for Liew and consider him to be an abysmal journalist. He sums up much of The Guardian’s smug, upper middle class prejudice, masked as a concern for fighting the good fight. But even by his standards this is a bitter, hypocritically myopic pile of steaming horse shit. Chelsea’s years of oligarch money and the more recent disregard for financial fair play? Nah. Real Madrid. Poor fucking Real Madrid effectively being bankrolled by the heads of state for decades? Nah. Barcelona, the other half if the cartel, with their bribery, PEDs and reckless spending? Nah. Man Utd and their huge debts and several £100m spent on shite? The institutional corruption from Italy’s traditional big 3? Etc. But hang on, Man City aren’t playing fair. Just ignore the local academy kids who are integral to the side as well. Fucking do one, you picked last in the schoolyard, dweeby cunt

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

And aye, it’s also because it’s an indirect  pop at us. But him and his ilk are only bothered about this since our takeover anyway 

• Like 4

@Alex

I also like everything you say.

There are journalists (and in general, the popular voice) who have spoken in recent years of PSG and Manchester City as an illegal team without realizing that they have always been just as illegal.

In Spain, 35% of the inhabitants are fans of Real Madrid (and they reach 50% if they are added to the fans of small teams that have Real Madrid as their other team).

And here is something that happens. Most of the fans of Second Division teams (or many of the First Division) like Málaga, Córdoba, Valladolid, Elche, Getafe are really Real Madrid fans.

The same thing happens with Barcelona. A total of 25% of the population is a Barcelona fan, and they reach 35% if fans of secondary teams are added.

So this is like the Scottish League. Celtir-Rangers (Barcelona-Real Madrid).

And everything is organized so that they always win. Never anyone else.

In the last 20 years, Barcelona and Real Madrid have always been first and second in the League. Except for the years, now with Simeone, in which Atleti have been involved.

The distribution of economic rights was rubbish until 4-5 years ago, because the distribution was as follows... 150 million for Real Madrid, 150 million for Barcelona and 300 million to be distributed among the 18 remaining teams (Atleti took 40 million and was the 3rd with the most).

For a few years, it turns out that they talk about English teams and PSG as illegal teams for their money... Today, the front pages in newspapers in Spain were something like "Money beat football".

And it turns out that the story is curious, because Real Madrid has always been one of the 2 richest teams in the world since records exist (and today it is the 2nd, only 30 million behind Manchester City).

Real Madrid is the team that spends the most money to pay its players.

And that for not getting into more complex issues, such as that in 2001, UEFA prohibited Real Madrid from playing in the Champions League due to its high debts with the Spanish State (Treasury).

And only a week later, an ILLEGAL reclassification of land was achieved that Real Madrid sold to the government for a price 6 times more than its value and went from being the most indebted team in the world to the richest in the world thanks to a so-called crime town. And since then... He signed Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Owen... They won again in Europe, etc.

Real Madrid and Barcelona have a different tax system than the rest of the clubs in Spain (they pay less taxes) and they have been sentenced by the TAD for years to pay more money (and they don't).

Barcelona, last year, exceeded the salary limit of Spain, and the League cheated so that it could register Lewandowski, Kounde and Christensen (yes, with the rule in hand, they could not play).

The problem is always the same. When my team wins and is the best, I don't care. Uncritical. I don't care if he's doing bad things in the offices. When another wins, and they remove me from my site, I feel bad and criticize him.

It makes my blood boil. Oh well. It is something we have to accept. The press (and I am a journalist) will always be conditioned and will rarely tell the truth.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/17/manchester-citys-inexorable-hard-power-crushes-real-madrid?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
I must confess to having zero time for Liew and consider him to be an abysmal journalist. He sums up much of The Guardian’s smug, upper middle class prejudice, masked as a concern for fighting the good fight. But even by his standards this is a bitter, hypocritically myopic pile of steaming horse shit. Chelsea’s years of oligarch money and the more recent disregard for financial fair play? Nah. Real Madrid. Poor fucking Real Madrid effectively being bankrolled by the heads of state for decades? Nah. Barcelona, the other half if the cartel, with their bribery, PEDs and reckless spending? Nah. Man Utd and their huge debts and several £100m spent on shite? The institutional corruption from Italy’s traditional big 3? Etc. But hang on, Man City aren’t playing fair. Just ignore the local academy kids who are integral to the side as well. Fucking do one, you picked last in the schoolyard, dweeby cunt

Could not have put it better myself. He’s a proper sad case.

Add Barney Ronay to that. His parents named him Barnaby, so he was already uo against it, but he doesn’t do himself any favours. Well, I assume he doesn’t, I can never get past the meandering drivel in his first paragraphs. Still, what a cunt. Barnaby for fucks sake, he should be writing about fencing or soggy biscuit competitions.

• Haha 5

Whether he's suspended for Southampton or not doesn't really matter. At least it's against a team who actually have a chance of taking points off them. Then again they might actually play better without him chomping his nashers on the touchline. 

• Like 1

Listen, you fucking helmets. AT LEAST 3 out of the 4 teams you were all skidding your kegs over WILL NOT get beyond 66 points. Like I said they wouldn't.

It remains to be seen whether the whiny scouse cunts will manage it, but I stand by my excellent analysis. It has taken a frankly fucking ludicrous revival from Liverpool to prove me wrong, whereas you clowns thought they were all gonna do it.

Please. PLEASE. Will ONE OF YOU say something interesting next season on which you can be judged? PLEASE? Or is it gonna be left to me again to drive this forum forward and fend off these geriatric attacks on my character.

You're lucky we don't live in Australia.

• Haha 2

Dunno if I'm going soft but I hope West Ham win the Conference League. Would be a nice bit of icing on Moyes's career and would go some way to making up for his eyebrows falling off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I and my trusty sausage utility case have never for a moment suggested we wouldn’t finish in the top 4 . It’s you constantly misrepresenting the views of others on here that brings so much shit to your door. 

And when we beat Leicester on Monday Everton will be a knocking bet to stay up the following weekend and your status as “Toontastic Nostradamus of the season” will be confirmed….again… :good:

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dunno if I'm going soft but I hope West Ham win the Conference League. Would be a nice bit of icing on Moyes's career and would go some way to making up for his eyebrows falling off.

Yet more seethe on Wearside too

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Please. PLEASE. Will ONE OF YOU say something interesting next season on which you can be judged? PLEASE? Or is it gonna be left to me again to drive this forum forward and fend off these geriatric attacks on my character.

I can confidently predict that you will once again make an absolute tit of yourself.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I  predict that you will breach the terms of your parole by hanging around outside of primary schools.

Charges were never brought so FUCK YOU!

• Haha 4