Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 hours ago, Howay said:

More American owners are a bad thing for Football imo. They’re the one group of owners that seem to be pretty vocal about changing things, mostly due to their background of high level sports being a closed shop. 

Don’t they realise that Everton never get relegated? 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OTF said:

@Diego21 I have to ask what you think about the Ateltico fans treatment of Vinicius Jr? The chanting, the doll from the bridge, and what happened in the courts afterwards.

And what about the weekend game RM against Valencia and the racial abuse outside and inside the stadium. Easy to see why Vini is looking at leaving La Liga. The ref and VAR from that game were all stood down and then the La Liga chief attacks Vini, saying he's to blame and that there's no racism.... Not a good look for the La Liga.

And finally what say you to allegations that Atletico basically own the Madrid press?

The first thing I have to say is that racism is not justifiable at any time.

I myself remember how, when I was very little, the Cameroonian goalkeeper Kameni was insulted at the Atleti stadium (I even remember that bananas were thrown at him).

Beyond minority groups or ultras in soccer in some teams, I can assure you that Spain is not a racist country.

But I think a serious mistake is being made because Vinicius and Real Madrid are fueling a controversy based on lies and modified videos. The videos that are being published are not relays (and Vinicius is not considering leaving the League).

And beware, yes, there will be 3-4 or 5 or I don't know, maybe 40 spectators who said racist things to him, but it's not a whole stadium of 45,000 people. Inside the stadium, the Valencia fans yelled at him "Silly" and not "Mono". I mean, they called him an idiot, not a monkey. But they have subtitled as if it were Mono. Ancelotti was told at a press conference, and Ancelotti did not want to see it. Now Vinicius and the whole world are posting a video that isn't real and that, if you don't speak Spanish, can confuse you because they are two words that can sound similar.

There is another important video and it is the video of the arrival of the Real Madrid bus at the stadium. I can pass you the original video, posted by a Twitter account at 16PM. And you will hear how there are no racist chants. But, mysteriously, as soon as the game is over, you see the same video with different audio, clearly modified with audio that, also mysteriously, is the same one that was used to modify another video outside the Atleti stadium this year. (I was there, and I can confirm that no one sang anything against Vinicius. The only thing there was was a fairly well-known boy in the Atleti stands who has mental problems and wore a doll of a conguito and who, by the way, a few years ago Real Madrid fans beat him up). And be careful, I am not saying that Real Madrid modifies the videos, but I am saying that someone on the networks has done so and that a lie is spreading.

I think that the press does a lot, a lot, a lot of damage on this issue because it spreads things without contrasting. Just yesterday two Valencia fans were pointed out as if they had been guilty without evidence and they themselves admit that the police separated them from the rest because all they were doing was calming down what happened.

Regarding the Vinicius doll... Well, I hate the act. But (what I am going to say is very serious, because I have no proof) I think it was not the Atlético fans. And when it happened, it made me very angry, because I did believe that it was them, obviously. But a person who is usually involved in the ultra movement told me that they were very calm because they had not been and that we would see how in a while nothing of that would be heard again. And so it has been. The police said, a week after it happened, that they had biological remains of the perpetrators and that they were going to arrest them soon... Many months have passed and we don't know anything. Why?. 

Regarding the press and Atlético... I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous. Florentino Pérez controls everything. He himself has said it. As I told you yesterday, about a year ago his audios were leaked confirming that he was the one in charge of the press, that he was the one who put journalists on and off. And it happened. In fact, it gave names and dates, and history has shown that it is real. And not just journalists. The President of the Spanish League confirmed that the operation of the VAR changed after a call from Florentino Pérez complaining. And just yesterday, the Spanish League has expelled for life the referee who decided to expel Vinicius for his aggression against the Valencia player.

I myself have worked in the number 2 most read newspaper in Spain. And calls have come from the Real Madrid office saying how we had to do things. I remember in the 2014 pre-season, when Madrid went to play a friendly against Man United in the US, there were 100,000 people and the ENTIRE stadium wore United shirts. They forced us to change the color of the photograph of the stadium stands and tint it white because it had to look like they were Real Madrid fans.

Another thing that happened a lot is that they forced the number of fans to double in the celebrations in the streets, because there were very few and they had to fill in to make it seem like there were more.

If until years ago in a photo they eliminated a central defender so that people would believe that there was a goal offside. They are absolutely incredible things.

When the campaign against racism began, in the match against Atleti, it was because they asked Koke if he would see it as okay for Vinicius to dance if he scored a goal. And Koke said: "If he scores a goal and celebrates it by dancing in front of our fans, surely it can get messy because the fans will feel bad about it." This is racism? Because they said yes. They said that Koke was racist and he started it all. Later we learned that what was happening was that Vinicius wanted to patent his dance as a brand and needed to create a ball out of all this.

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 2

I no longer extend myself. I want to make it clear. I wish the game had really stopped and they would have taken the 2 or 3 that Vini points out, they made monkey gestures at him.

I hate racism in stadiums. But it is not only racism. I hate being insulted, just like that.

I don't think Spain is racist, but I do believe that in all stadiums there are 1% of fans who use football and use racist insults because they don't know how serious a problem racism is. And since I consider it such a serious problem, I don't like to be frivolous about it either.

I remember players who have been seriously insulted in racist terms: Eto'o, Kameni, Dani Alves, Wilfred Agbonavbare, Diego Costa, Freddy Rincon are the players who I think have been most affected by it. And the whole stadium did it to these.

Fortunately, for the last 5-6 years, there have been almost no racist insults inside Spanish stadiums because there is a new regulation that prevents it and severely fines the clubs. For this reason, in addition, you can know that justice works with videos and real evidence and not with montages that circulate on the internet and that nothing will happen to the Valencia fans, because the songs are not real (but hopefully they will be able to identify the that they did make racist gestures).

• Like 2

And I will only say one more thing on the subject (that I also need to study a little for some exams).

Vinicius is possibly the most unsportsmanlike player I've ever seen in a football stadium. Vinicius is insulted for being provocative, not because of his skin color (I insist again. People who insult him because of his skin color, that he never set foot in a stadium again in his life).

He was when he was 16 playing for Flamengo, he was when he was 18 playing for Real Madrid B and he is now that he is a world star.

The game is spent provoking the rival fans. The game is spent attacking rival players (in actions that are not merely fouls, I mean) or simulating fouls (Maffeo, Reinildo, Foyth, Gabriel Paulista, Gavi, David García, Fali, Aduriz...). He is the only player in the League that I have seen call the referee a 'son of a bitch' or tell him to his face 'you're crazy' and not even get a yellow card.

They kick him a lot. many. But that's within the game, in my opinion.

Why don't other players who are just as good as him, like Rodrygo, have these problems?

And it has nothing to do with my love for Atlético or with the color of Vinicius's skin. I love Rodrygo, he is one of my favorite players. I love what Camavinga can do in the future. And one of my favorite players was Gareth Bale (and that he took a Champions League from us and cut our sleeves [a gesture that means to us like the V to you]))

• Like 2

https://www.football365.com/news/fuming-liverpool-write-pgmol-two-decisions-aston-villa

Liverpool were left fuming after two controversial decisions left their Champions League charge in tatters and have now written to the PGMOL requesting an explanation, according to reports.

The Reds were unhappy that Cody Gakpo had a goal ruled out for offside on Saturday in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa, while they thought Tyrone Mings should’ve been sent off for a high challenge on the Dutchman.

Gakpo was left with stud marks on his torso and chest area but Mings was only given a yellow card for the tackle.

And now the Daily Telegraph claim that Liverpool have ‘written to the refereeing governing body to seek an explanation for the contentious decisions’.

The report adds: ‘A formal letter has been dispatched from Anfield to Professional Game Match Officials Limited to ask how and why such conclusions were reached given the video evidence available.

Sad-child GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 12

Ah that's even better, that this club that is so fucking blinded by its victimhood that it can't see just how easy a ride it gets from officials.

Please spend your summer writing Points of View letters to the authorities while we get on with planning for the Champions League.

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah that's even better, that this club that is so fucking blinded by its victimhood that it can't see just how easy a ride it gets from officials.

Please spend your summer writing Points of View letters to the authorities while we get on with planning for the Champions League.

Dear Mr Klopp, 

please find attached those points you asked for. 

Kind regards, the PGMOL

p.s. we've also given points to the teams who whinged about their decisions too so nowts changed and you're still not in the Champions League, you whiney entitled cunts.

• Haha 3

How much time was added on against Villa? 17 minutes or something. Fuck right off, you bitter, hypocritical cunt 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

Love that it's directly linked to them being so close to us and potentially missing CL because of dropping 2points somewhere in the season :lol: 

As you say, completely blind to the fact they've probably got an additional 10 points from dodgy VAR decisions 

• Like 5

Credit where it’s due - they’ve gone on an amazing run at the end of the season to get close. But the league is about consistency (an obvious thing to point out, I know) and the teams above them have been more consistent. They don’t deserve it, we do. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Liverpool and Man U :lol: 

Man Utd is a possibility, but Liverpool seem miles off sustaining a title challenge. 

Just now, The Fish said:

Man Utd is a possibility, but Liverpool seem miles off sustaining a title challenge. 

man u have been unimpressive this season. so many of their wins have been ground out by a single goal. i'll be disappointed if we finish below them

• Like 1

It's difficult to say Man United have been shit when they'll probably finish above us, but I'm fucking sick of hearing Ten Hag talked about in manager of the season conversations.

Simple logic dictates that if you think Ten Hag has had an outstanding season, then you have to think that Eddie Howe has fucking pissed all over what that bald cunt has managed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

man u have been unimpressive this season. so many of their wins have been ground out by a single goal. i'll be disappointed if we finish below them

Ten Haag has improved them and after they strengthen in the window I think they'll be a different prospect. Also, we'll have a European competition to contend with. I dunno. I wouldn't be shocked to finish below them. 

• Like 1

A lot of people saying next season could be tricky for us, which is fair enough… management and team untested in Europe, “weak” squad, but…

… I have absolutely no doubt the owners are already fully aware, with plans in place, to address the accelerated squad expansion we need. 
Eddie has already pulled off two seemingly impossible jobs- first, not only avoiding relegation, but finishing 11th. 
This season, start to finish, has been incredible, and to secure Champions League football with a game spare is ridiculous. 
Let’s also not forget that Eddie spent his year and a half whilst out of work training with and observing sides across Europe. 

I’m by no means complacent, but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have steering us through whatever challenges are coming. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

"So who do we think is going to challenge Manchester City next year?"

0_DRR_MGA__060919jonesJPG.jpg

7mt532.jpg.2f7bdec5b553443e051ee9379f11dcf6.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not a single mention for the teams currently sitting in second and third? :lol: 

I don’t know where this idea that Liverpool are going to make a great resurgence next season comes from. Their squad needs an overhaul and with no CL money or indication that their owners are going to invest I can’t see how they’re going to get the signings required.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As funny as it would be for Liverpool to still pip Man United to CL, the fact is Man United are a club that will always have money to spend cos they're such a massive global brand.

If you can keep Liverpool out of the CL for a couple of seasons though, they'll start to go backwards. Even the one season will hurt them a bit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m hate them both equally would prefer Liverpool to miss out from now until eternity.

From littlewoods pools, to stopping other teams getting the chance to play in europe to their current whiny entitled state nobody deserves a humbling like those cunts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A lot of people saying next season could be tricky for us, which is fair enough… management and team untested in Europe, “weak” squad, but…

… I have absolutely no doubt the owners are already fully aware, with plans in place, to address the accelerated squad expansion we need. 
Eddie has already pulled off two seemingly impossible jobs- first, not only avoiding relegation, but finishing 11th. 
This season, start to finish, has been incredible, and to secure Champions League football with a game spare is ridiculous. 
Let’s also not forget that Eddie spent his year and a half whilst out of work training with and observing sides across Europe. 

I’m by no means complacent, but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have steering us through whatever challenges are coming. 

Eddie has been a huge reason for the owners finding themselves 3-5 years ahead of schedule. Steering us from 19th, to 3rd in less than 2 seasons is unbelievable. Key to that has been the owners letting Howe (and Ashworth) to build the team they want. When January window rolled by we were 3rd and rather than dumping a few hundred million on big names and star power, we signed 3 kids with potential. One was £40m, sure, but we weren't influenced by our league position to go absolutely crazy. I'd imagine that Howe would have been central to those discussions. 

He's recently said we need 2 teams to compete on all fronts. Now, this could mean we keep some players like Murphy around for cup games, dead rubbers or whatever, or it could mean we go off and sign a fucking stack of new faces. Whatever happens, I trust this management group to get the big calls right. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As funny as it would be for Liverpool to still pip Man United to CL, the fact is Man United are a club that will always have money to spend cos they're such a massive global brand.

If you can keep Liverpool out of the CL for a couple of seasons though, they'll start to go backwards. Even the one season will hurt them a bit.

2 seasons away from the Champions League trough will have their owners twitchy as fuck. Klopp might also fancy a new challenge. I don't think enough has been made of their transfer business, for what it's worth. They've spent a ton of money on players and a lot have not come good. Keita e.g.

• Like 1

City, Arsenal, Chelsea and us for CL spots next season, that would do me. Anyone over Liverpool and ManU really. The media bias is sickening but you could live with it if they didn't have hypocritical managers with heads up their own arses. 

I expect ManU to compete and likely finish 3/4th again next season. Chelsea might need more time to get their act together if they don't completely implode under Boehly that is. Liverpool have a much trickier job than ManUtd. As has been said they need an overhaul.

If you see the top 4 over the last few season hardly anyone other than City has held down a regular spot. Tell you how tough the league is at the top now. Howe is going to have to pull off another masterclass to keep us in it next year. But considering the improved spending power and way in which the club has been managed in the last 18 months, we have as much a chance as anybody to make CL places again next season.

• Like 2