Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

47 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Hopefully Whelan goes with it the utter parasitic cunt

Do you like anybody?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

They've fucked this one up too. Working their way down a list, can only be a matter of time before it's Bruce's turn to talk bacon with Levy.

FYP

Yes I know how inappropriate that is but... 

imnes.gif.7b3c2907a778240bf99db74a53b05e1a.gif

Edited by RobinRobin

On 24/05/2023 at 12:48, OTF said:

Yes, fair call, I applaud you, your english is very very good for someone with a different primary language. I do want to understand you.

Despite some Spanish heritage I speak none. I recall being in Madrid in 2010 during the period the World cup was on - actually I flew straight from South Africa to Madrid with a bunch of loud and annoying Brazilian supporters who were having too good a time on an overnight flight. Anyway, I was wearing a Spain jersey and had more than one person approach me and ask me something in Spanish. I had to reply with just about the only thing I could say "no hablo".

I know that my level of English, at a grammatical level, is not very good. I confuse verb tenses and I understand that sometimes it can be difficult for you to read me.

I was better before. While I was studying (and at times when I haven't worked as a journalist) he worked in a shop in the center of Madrid, so he had to speak to many tourists in English almost every day. I think I was performing well for my level.

Now I realize that every day it costs me more and that by not having those daily conversations it begins to cost me more.

But I try to read a lot in English. I think that possibly next year I will try to go to an academy to get closer to grammar again.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 12:26, The Fish said:

Yeah, the language barrier is a hurdle that is especially difficult to get over without stumbling. For example, you said you like Michael Owen, so I'm convinced something must have been lost in translation. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know... Michael Owen 1998-2004 was another level. 

6 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I know that my level of English, at a grammatical level, is not very good. I confuse verb tenses and I understand that sometimes it can be difficult for you to read me.

I was better before. While I was studying (and at times when I haven't worked as a journalist) he worked in a shop in the center of Madrid, so he had to speak to many tourists in English almost every day. I think I was performing well for my level.

Now I realize that every day it costs me more and that by not having those daily conversations it begins to cost me more.

But I try to read a lot in English. I think that possibly next year I will try to go to an academy to get closer to grammar again.

Your English is genuinely fine for 95% of the things you post mate, don't worry too much about it ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Mate, your English is great. The only potential problem comes when you're talking about something that requires a higher degree  of accuracy of language. But even in that, native English speakers can stumble. Semantic arguments have reigned supreme on here for the past 2 decades. So I wouldn't worry.

I speak to non-native English speakers in my job every day and I'd argue your written English is on a par, or better than many of them. All it takes is a little understanding on the part of the reader, if ever I need clarity I ask for it. Same is true with you, if you write something in your second language that doesn't scan or doesn't make sense I'll ask you to clarify. Don't think I've needed to yet.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know... Michael Owen 1998-2004 was another level. 

Like this, for example. 

I do not understand. Michael Owen is the devil's turd. Any quality he may or may not have had is hidden under the mountain of satanic poop. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Given the complexity of your writing when there are slight grammatical errors they only serve to somehow give you more credibility in the context of your posts. This is because your posts generally have a purpose beyond a joke (unlike most on here, especially mine!) and they often offer further insight or a different perspective. So as far as I'm concerned you can stay as you are. 

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Do you like anybody?

This bloke is a fucking cancer.  What he's done to local sporting venues for his own capital gain.  The Tory shitehous

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

This bloke is a fucking cancer.  What he's done to local sporting venues for his own capital gain.  The Tory shitehous

No, yeah, I get that. But honestly, I've not seen you have a good word to say about anyone... or any thing.

Cheer up Wykiki man, it's all just theatre until you're dead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

No, yeah, I get that. But honestly, I've not seen you have a good word to say about anyone... or any thing.

Cheer up Wykiki man, it's all just theatre until you're dead.

Wykiki MkII Coming up.  Postiive Man 

😎

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Think that was pre-takeover when he'd had some success with Derby, in my (very flimsy) defense? I have a mate who is a Derby fan who was singing his praises at the time. So to be clear, we're comparing pre-Chelsea Lampard with Steve Bruce at the point in time I said that ;) 

Is the rules against betting on competitions they can impact, or any football? Like would anyone care if Toney dropped half his wages on Serie A games?

Just now, Gemmill said:

I think it's betting on competitions in which you're involved that's not allowed.

Then he's a massive div. 

Bet on the Championship, the Bundesliga, why in the holy fuck would you bet on the Premier League?

I don't think you're allowed to bet on any football matches, the theory being that you might have inside information or be able to influence other footballers.

The only matches he bet on involving himself were for his team to win or to score so he wasn't throwing games.

He did bet against us 11 times while a Newcastle player on loan elsewhere so he's obviously not completely stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 25/05/2023 at 10:07, Rayvin said:

I reckon Potter tbh. And he'd be a decent call for them since they need a full rebuild.

Potters stock has fallen. Brighton have been a better team since he left and the Chelsea gig showed he lacks the gravitas needed to manage big name players/egos

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Toney was betting on the outcomes of matches in which he played. The fucking div.

He should have got more than 8 months in that case.

• Like 1