Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Potters stock has fallen. Brighton have been a better team since he left and the Chelsea gig showed he lacks the gravitas needed to manage big name players/egos

I think that's harsh, he did wonders with a weaker Brighton team than De Zerbi inherited. De Zerbi has done brilliantly, don't get me wrong, but Potter deserves huge credit too. Transforming them from the pragmatic style of Hughton into a very tidy PL outfit. 

The Chelsea gig was a poisoned chalice; massive squad, filled with big stars, and bigger egos. Plus I've no doubt the owner wasn't shy about sharing his thoughts about team selection. 

Wherever Potter goes next will be the real test. If he goes to Southampton, Leeds, or maybe abroad, I think he'll repair a lot of the damage to his reputation.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Any truth in the rumours that a certain right back has been a very silly boy with a 17 year old in the marital bed?

Going to need more info than that.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Going to need more info than that.

All over twitter apparently so I’ve been told, although her age is jumping between 17-27, not that that will make much difference to Mrs RB.

Basically I was asking if it’s true.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

All over twitter apparently so I’ve been told, although her age is jumping between 17-27, not that that will make much difference to Mrs RB.

Basically I was asking if it’s true.

Which RB you doyle?

• Haha 3