Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It's precisely what Freddy Shepherd did when he appointed Souness.

Dangerous Dave :huh:

Ashley wants a Premier League club, Benitez will deliver that. Shepherd wanted to sort out the dressing room, and thought that Souness would sort the idiots out and stupidly thought that alone would deliver top 5 finishes. 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ashley wants a Premier League club, Benitez will deliver that. Shepherd wanted to sort out the dressing room, and thought that Souness would sort the idiots out and stupidly thought that alone would deliver top 5 finishes. 

Have you forgotten about Kinnear, McClaren and Carver already? :lol: Pulis would be an upgrade on those lot all hired on Ashley's watch. If Rafa went and a sale didn't occur Pulis would be par for the course in an Ashley ran club.

Still Mentally Scarred Davey

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Have you forgotten about Kinnear, McClaren and Carver already? :lol: Pulis would be an upgrade on those lot all hired on Ashley's watch. If Rafa went and a sale didn't occur Pulis would be par for the course in an Ashley ran club.

Still Mentally Scarred Davey

Eh? 

Ashley has Benitez now.

Rayvin suggested Ashley would bin him off in favour of Pulis.

I said that was daft.

You're now saying "aye but he signed Kinnear". Well he did, but that's because he didn't have Benitez. Which was my initial point.

Mad head.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Eh? 

Ashley has Benitez now.

I said that was daft.

You're now saying "aye but he signed Kinnear". Well he did, but that's because he didn't have Benitez. Which was my initial point.

Mad head.

I did not suggest that... that might be where your mind went, but I didn't say anything of the sort :lol: Ashley would never 'bin off' Rafa if it meant paying him compensation man.

I suggested that if Rafa walks, we could end up with Pulis.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I did not suggest that... that might be where your mind went, but I didn't say anything of the sort :lol: Ashley would never 'bin off' Rafa if it meant paying him compensation man.

I suggested that if Rafa walks, we could end up with Pulis.

You said 

22 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Always makes me a bit nervous when Pulis is 'available' though. He's exactly the sort of manager Ashley loves.

You big nervous norman

And against a wider backdrop of Rafa potentially being in his final season with us if this takeover doesn't happen, I think I'm entitled to be concerned ;)

I even clarified :D

Edited by Rayvin

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

And against a wider backdrop of Rafa potentially being in his final season with us if this takeover doesn't happen, I think I'm entitled to be concerned ;)

Rattled.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Eh? 

Ashley has Benitez now.

I said that was daft.

Mad head.

Aye, but if he doesn't (I put that in italics just for you, Daveed) ;) have Rafa because takeover talks break down and Señor Benny Tez leaves the building, what makes you think he won't go with his normal type of manager/coach? He tried and failed with the cheap idiots and he'll feel he's had his fingers burnt with more expensive men with clout, (KK and Rafa), who have fucked him off. I think he'd prefer the cheap (oops I did italic again) idiots personally. 

Hopefully this is all a moot point and the one leaving the building heads for Buckinghamshire rather than the Wirral. :good:

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, but if he doesn't (I put that in italics just for you, Daveed) ;) have Rafa because takeover talks break down and Señor Benny Tez leaves the building, what makes you think he won't go with his normal type of manager/coach? He tried and failed with the cheap idiots and he'll feel he's had his fingers burnt with more expensive men with clout, (KK and Rafa), who have fucked him off. I think he'd prefer the cheap (oops I did italic again) idiots personally. 

Hopefully this is all a moot point and the one leaving the building heads for Buckinghamshire rather than the Wirral. :good:

So, if Ahsley doesn't sell, and if he fails to invest in the window, and if Rafa says enough is enough, do I then think Ashley would go for Pulis? Maybe, depends if he's cheap or not.

the point was Rayvin seemed to be suggesting that Pulis' availability was a threat to Benitez' position. Which it fundamentally isn't.

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So, if Ahsley doesn't sell, and if he fails to invest in the window, and if Rafa says enough is enough, do I then think Ashley would go for Pulis? Maybe, depends if he's cheap or not.

the point was Rayvin seemed to be suggesting that Pulis' availability was a threat to Benitez' position. Which it fundamentally isn't.

If that was his point I'd be surprised. If Rafa walked under Ashley I've little doubt we'd get a Pulis type. 

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye :lol:

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just FFS :lol: