Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This will backfire and I, for one, can’t wait.

Hope so. I honestly couldn't have give a fuck about Everton and as a kid admired their team which was a top side for a few short years but I've read too many of their internet knackers drivel regarding us and think they're well overdue a relegation, (they owe Hans Segers big time in the 90s the crooked bastard). Very much in the same bitter mould as Sunderland towards their rivals. 

You have to wonder what chairmen/decision makers think with some of the people they court like. Bilic is off of a pretty terrible 18 months with West Ham that's seen them completely stagnate, go on prolonged runs without wins and eventually get sacked to be replaced by DAVID MOYES, of all people. How many games have West Ham even won at that stadium? I assume they've played about 25/30 at this point and they must have lost half of them. So, why would anyone think that he's the right man to come in and sort things out? Likewise with Pardew; you get a good 12 months (if you're lucky) and then his system based around nicking wins by the simple law of averages falls in on itself and by all accounts, he's the next one they're approaching. It's complete laziness at best and dangerous ignorance at worst.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You have to wonder what chairmen/decision makers think with some of the people they court like. Bilic is off of a pretty terrible 18 months with West Ham that's seen them completely stagnate, go on prolonged runs without wins and eventually get sacked to be replaced by DAVID MOYES, of all people. How many games have West Ham even won at that stadium? I assume they've played about 25/30 at this point and they must have lost half of them. So, why would anyone think that he's the right man to come in and sort things out? Likewise with Pardew; you get a good 12 months (if you're lucky) and then his system based around nicking wins by the simple law of averages falls in on itself and by all accounts, he's the next one they're approaching. It's complete laziness at best and dangerous ignorance at worst.

You can write down what most owners know about the game on the back of a stamp, especially the new breed of foreign moneyed bellends like Moshiri. This leaves them open to manipulation by those who are truly running the game is the 21st century; agents. West Ham's owners know a decent butt plug when they see one but are simply there sat there trousering public money and contracting out the footballing decisions to spivvy  middle men who convince them that the decrepit Zabaleta and the frankly bone idle Arnautovic are decent signings. 

50 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can write down what most owners know about the game on the back of a stamp, especially the new breed of foreign moneyed bellends like Moshiri. This leaves them open to manipulation by those who are truly running the game is the 21st century; agents. West Ham's owners know a decent butt plug when they see one but are simply there sat there trousering public money and contracting out the footballing decisions to spivvy  middle men who convince them that the decrepit Zabaleta and the frankly bone idle Arnautovic are decent signings. 

tbf, I think my post was the longest rhetorical question you can imagine since your post is bang on. I think the question should have been "How do top level clubs get fooled again and again by these agents?" 

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Bilic seems to have made his career by doing ok with a pretty talented Croatia team

Sounds similar to Coleman with Wales.

Don't know if any of our slightly more senior posters remember this series of documentaries about Shankly, Busby and Stein from the early 90s?..if you can put up with the awful vhs upload quality they're brilliantly put together by Hugh Mcilvanney; just about the best sports journo I've had the pleasure of reading (his books are excellent too) 

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Someones drunk and emotional :lol:

What a fucking knacker that bloke is. White's a pain in the arse and is a 100% sky bullshit artist but that's out of order by Parry who himself comes across as a bit of a plonky.