Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

That’s really sad, ...fellah my missus works with had a kidney transplant a couple of years back climbed Kilimanjaro in January...the difference it’s made to him is amazing. 

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s really sad, ...fellah my missus works with had a kidney transplant a couple of years back climbed Kilimanjaro in January...the difference it’s made to him is amazing. 

I bet he's glad he didn't do it in March, imagine getting quarantined up there?

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Who’d have thought we’d have won it so many times? 

:lol: Aye 5 title wins in the Mike Ashley era, think we were in the Championship for a couple of them. 

• Haha 1

No, 3 would go up to the premier league, and those 3 would be replaced by the top 3 in league one etc.

The premier league would have 23 teams for a season and 6 would get relegated the following year 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leaked-whatsapp-message-full-transcript-explosive-call-could-shape-leeds-uniteds-season-2653326

• Like 1

Got it, I was taking it that the PL wasn’t part of the discussion since there’s that football league and PL split, so I had it that the 3 would have been relegated from the PL. It’s going to be mad like. I suppose it’s trying to have as many people at the top table as possible.

So it’ll likely mean that PL tv money is more spread out, which I think is good for our potential new owners as it’ll likely lower the player market a bit. 

Edited by Howay

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Had a quick look at Gavin Peacocks Twitter account today. If he’s not in the closet then I’ll eat my pink lace hat 

I never knew Gavin Peacock was so much into religion 

• Haha 1

He became a lay preacher after packing in and I think joined some obscure full-on evangelical mob - he's never hidden the fact he's a complete godhead.

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

He became a lay preacher after packing in and I think joined some obscure full-on evangelical mob - he's never hidden the fact he's a complete godhead.

He went to some religious retreat in the Canadian Rockies I think. Just after when he was a regular on motd 

Edited by Alex

40 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Reading his Twitter it’s a 50/50 split between being into religion and hating gays/transgender folk

Homophobia justified by Christianity is pretty suss when, if you believe the Bible, I don’t think Jesus even makes reference to homosexuality. It’s not like these same people are sticking to everything else in Leviticus 

It's always a good question as to whether religious homophobes hate gays because their holy books say so or use their holy books to justify their innate bigotry. Either way there's conflicting "advice" so some kind of choice is needed which would suggest for most it's the innate bigotry option.

• Like 3