Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Also hope their fans get the manager they deserve ;)

Aye it'd be hilarious if they got a charlatan of the level we've had to deal with in the past, just to see them implode and the differencein in the media reaction to us being sick of pards or thinking allardyce was shit.

We were around about their position, league wise, as we were when we appointed Souness, here's hoping they get theirs in and the long decline begins. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I wanna see that little wanker on Arsenal TV, the little freak who wears head to toe Arsenal stuff, including earphones, whilst wearing in ear ones :lol:

'Wenger out Fam init'

GTFO :lol:

:lol:

11 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Thomas Tuchel for the next manager of Arsenal.

He's going to PSG.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I like to think that we broke Wenger's Arsenal with that 4-4 game :D I think they went on to lose the League Cup just after it, and I don't think they've ever recovered psychologically since. Fitting that losing to us at the weekend is the last thing to happen before this announcement.

They lost about 6 world class players in the space of a year and they've never been able to replace them. Though I like to think we broke their brain as well.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I like to think that we broke Wenger's Arsenal with that 4-4 game :D I think they went on to lose the League Cup just after it, and I don't think they've ever recovered psychologically since. Fitting that losing to us at the weekend is the last thing to happen before this announcement.

Didn't we see off Hughes from Stoke and Paul Clement from Swansea as well?

THey should give it to an existing coach or assistant manager, let him handle the team for a season, then bring the new man in when expectations and fears have normalised a bit. 

Like a managerial sorbet.

As much as his whinging was annoying Wenger has been an incredible Manager the last couple of decades. He not only changed the way Arsenal we’re playing but had a big impact on the quality of football in the top flight.

I certainly liked his Crujiff-like principles that football isn’t just about winning but the way you play.

As far as I know Tuchel toy PSG isn’t fixed so I think he is a very likely successor.

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

As much as his whinging was annoying Wenger has been an incredible Manager the last couple of decades. He not only changed the way Arsenal we’re playing but had a big impact on the quality of football in the top flight.

I certainly liked his Crujiff-like principles that football isn’t just about winning but the way you play.

As far as I know Tuchel toy PSG isn’t fixed so I think he is a very likely successor.

Nah, not only is there the PSG link but sven mislintat left Dortmund and went to arsenal as head of recruitment largely because he and tuchel hated each other. It would be an odd move when there are quite a lot of other coaches they could attract

I think Arsenal will rather pay peanuts to get rid of Mislintat than to miss out on Tuchel. If he is still available he will most likely jump at the chance. Would also fit with him rejecting Bayern because of already committing to another job. I think that Wenger‘s decision was made some time ago while I am not sure what is going to happen at PSG.

I am not sure of Ancelotti‘s profile after his job with Bayern where he left a lot of disgruntled stars. 

22 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think Arsenal will rather pay peanuts to get rid of Mislintat than to miss out on Tuchel. If he is still available he will most likely jump at the chance. Would also fit with him rejecting Bayern because of already committing to another job. I think that Wenger‘s decision was made some time ago while I am not sure what is going to happen at PSG.

I am not sure of Ancelotti‘s profile after his job with Bayern where he left a lot of disgruntled stars. 

With PSG theres absolutely no hope of Emery staying after that CL performance for a start, thats been clear for a couple of months.

If Arsenal are looking to build long term stability then the last thing they'll be doing is firing the head of recruitment to get a manager in so they have to replace him as well.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

With PSG theres absolutely no hope of Emery staying after that CL performance for a start, thats been clear for a couple of months.

If Arsenal are looking to build long term stability then the last thing they'll be doing is firing the head of recruitment to get a manager in so they have to replace him as well.

We will see.