Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Yeah probably true. To Shearer's credit he did actually try to pretty open with them, but for instance the Gary Speed bit could have been handled with far more tact than it was. Still though, they're not seasoned interviewers, they're just two guys with youtube channels who can't believe they're sitting interviewing Alan Shearer. The comments under the video were all very supportive in the sense that most people were just delighted that TG had the chance to do it. Tells us that his audience isn't really interested in the in depth stuff, they're invested in TG as a person.

That's the way it seems to go on youtube.

Shearer basically lead the interview. TG is all about himself and the other kid is Jamie Redknapp lite. I enjoyed it because it was Shearer doing the vast majority of the talking, there was a few things I'd have asked Alan on the back his answers but these two were too young or not informed enough to grasp what to ask and when. 

12 hours ago, Meenzer said:

This is old, but it did the rounds again recently when the qualifiers were on and it's still a really good read: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/15/forgotten-story-17-november-1993

Pissed myself laughing when San Marino scored. It was the only appropriate response really.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

It was Maribor, not Juventus FFS.

Can only beat what's in front of you and other teams from England struggle to put the smaller teams to the sword, not like the German/Spanish sides who seem to revel in embarrassing the minnows.

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: 

Fucking weirdos. Sons of Mickey Pierce from fools and horses with their pork pie hats. Saw a few of them in the centurion a few years ago, no colours, didn't hear them speak but knew straight away who they supported as no cunt else in there was dressed like Guy Ritchie pretending to be the lord of the manor with tweed clothing/caps etc. 

13 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fucking weirdos. Sons of Mickey Pierce from fools and horses with their pork pie hats. Saw a few of them in the centurion a few years ago, no colours, didn't hear them speak but knew straight away who they supported as no cunt else in there was dressed like Guy Ritchie pretending to be the lord of the manor with tweed clothing/caps etc. 

That's kind of what I think Fish looks like, mind :lol: