Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

England have some decent players coming through ATM. Even some of the established players are still in their early 20s

Sancho

Winks

Trent

Rashford

Lingaard

Sterling 

Kane

Loftus Cheek

Chilwell

Maguire etc

All 25 or under

Fair play to Southgate for fucking off the old guard. Fat Sam would still have Rooney starting every game 

Aye, there’s also lads like Reiss Nelson, Adamola Lookman, Phil Foden, etc waiting to fully break through as well. Genuinely exciting future, it could all amount to nowt of course but I’m letting myself get a bit excited by it seeing as Mike Ashley is determined to piss on any hope of NUFC doing anything other than trying to not drown. 

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Either way it’s nice to see some really exciting players who seem to really enjoy playing for England which is better than watching that charva from Liverpool smack balls as hard as he can to blokes two yards from him while them wankers trumpet on in the background.

:lol:

On 13/11/2018 at 21:50, zerosum said:

it’s an obscene amount of money... but the prem clubs can be thankful for the tv deals he’s done/been party too, that they all make a mint from. I guess a thank you is in order. 

putting-gun-to-head.gif.95df54cfe5743cd047d756c83af76388.gif

• Haha 1

you realise the prem went from earning like a few hundred million..  to nearly 10 billion in the last 10 years while he was in charge?

not saying 5 mill is right.. but in context as a golden handshake.. well.. 250k a club is nowt really 

There was a run of classic Simpsons on last weekend including the one where Homer is elected Union rep and because he's scared of sounding stupid, he keeps his mouth shut during talks. Mr Burns thinks this makes Homer a negotiating genius who holds all the cards so panics and offers him a great deal. 

That's how I imagine Scudamore negotiating with Sky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

you realise the prem went from earning like a few hundred million..  to nearly 10 billion in the last 10 years while he was in charge?

not saying 5 mill is right.. but in context as a golden handshake.. well.. 250k a club is nowt really 

What you fail to realise is the TV money has ruined the game as we know it. 

• Like 1

I find the fact that our net spend on players this season is less than what we’ve given to Scudamore in equal parts hilarious and depressing. 

Not as depressing as terrace idol tshirts, though, which look like discarded cum-rags. 

I’m all for England playing possession football and building from the back, but when you’re 0-1 down and need to score 2 in 20 minutes you need to start getting a bit more aggressive than this :lol:

Shame it looks like England will get relegated, I dislike that it goes to the head to head record before goal difference (not that it matters unless England equalize). We have been far better here than in the semi final, the commentators saying Croatia have played it spot on are being a bit reductionist imo as it falls down to England fluffing their lines in the first half where we should have been 2 up. 

Get the fuck in. 

Little to no doubt my whingy post was more important in this happening than Harry Kane. 

Fuck off Croatia, thought they were trying their best to kick lumps out of our lot at parts today. Glad people can’t level that we can’t beat the strong sides at Southgate now, that’s Spain and Croatia we both looked better than and beat in these games. Also glad Southgate switched it around and got more aggressive, I was worried he was going to stick to his possession based style a little too doggedly when it was getting a bit desperate. 

It’s also great to mug off Lovren, a man that is quickly becoming immensely dislikable and incredibly deluded. Shouldn’t have even been on the pitch after saying he intentionally elbowed Ramos. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m all for England playing possession football and building from the back, but when you’re 0-1 down and need to score 2 in 20 minutes you need to start getting a bit more aggressive than this :lol:

B) 

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I really enjoy watching the way England play. There. I said it. :D

Aye, I’ve really been enjoying watching Sancho play, the lad is constantly in motion. Lingard is quality imo I was surprised he didn’t start but Southgate played it right, brilliant impact.