Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

I love that he comes across as a thick cunt, we all know it, the mackems know it, yet they still get wound up by him.

It’s the one thing I like about him. Actually in fairness he seems alreet, by professional footballer standards anyway, but talk about being a lucky lad 

The wife looked up at the TV last night and said, 'he's changed.' I said, 'what?' She said 'you know, him next to Shearer, what's his name again?' 'Paul Ince'. I replied. Anyway, long story short, she thought he was John Barnes. :lol: I told her Lineker was Des Lynam and still looking the part. 

• Haha 2

Aye like ewerk said there’s no way the PL would allow that to happen, it would severely impact the TV rights. I think the same would go for basically every European league as well, as you’re fucking over the fan bases of 16-18 clubs (in most of the leagues) for the sake of those select few top sides. 

Maybe this is what will cause this break away League? 

28 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye like ewerk said there’s no way the PL would allow that to happen, it would severely impact the TV rights. I think the same would go for basically every European league as well, as you’re fucking over the fan bases of 16-18 clubs (in most of the leagues) for the sake of those select few top sides. 

Maybe this is what will cause this break away League? 

Aye theres no chance of it happening, the german and italian fans alone will completely abandon games during the week, can't imagine "well it'll be good for Bayern/Juventus global image" will hold much sway with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

A year later he's still suspended on full pay. The club is a fucking joke.

:lol: Yet the scupper deals over paying a player too much in wages. I know he obviously won’t be making player money, but that’s literally throwing money away rather than being put towards the pool of money for wages. In fact can we use it to upgrade the youth coaching staff ffs, I’m sure Beardsley was likely overpaid anyway so we could probably get some decent coaches in. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Yet the scupper deals over paying a player too much in wages. I know he obviously won’t be making player money, but that’s literally throwing money away rather than being put towards the pool of money for wages. In fact can we use it to upgrade the youth coaching staff ffs, I’m sure Beardsley was likely overpaid anyway so we could probably get some decent coaches in. 

Just another example of the ‘running the club like a business’ patter being absolute bollocks 

• Like 1

Baby Klopp, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby Klopp

As you say, bad news for us if it gives them a Big Sam bounce, but it's still quite funny. :lol: 
  • Haha 1