Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Forgot all about his idea to get people in on Pay as you Play contracts :lol: 

He beat Mike Ashley to it :lol: 

“Right Salomon, you’re going on zero hours”

The Guardian is continuing to get wound up about people criticizing the US women's team for being over the top in celebrating all 13 goals scored past Thailand:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/13/usa-celebrated-all-13-goals-thailand-france-2019-world-cup

If this had been a men's team, what do we think? Germany eased off on Brazil when they were 5-0 up, out of a mixture of respect and probably fear of loss of life :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2686789/Mats-Hummels-says-Germany-pledge-half-time-not-humiliate-Brazil-World-Cup-semi-final.html

Then again, maybe it shows considerable professionalism and enthusiasm for the game, to keep going.

Germany actively eased off on Brazil? That's taken the shine off things for me. The first half was the funniest thing I've ever watched, and a 13-0 howking with massive OTT samba celebrations after each goal would have made it even better.

Yeah I mean, 7-1 is right at the far end of 'acceptable within the professional game' for me. Probably because we beat Spurs 7-1 in the Keegan era. I remember us beating Sheff Wed 8-0 but that felt like something we needed to do as a club given the difficult period prior. 

If we'd beaten them 13-0 I'm not sure how I would have felt - I think after 5 or 6 it stops being as enjoyable. Although I think it might be different at club level compared to national level. If England had beaten San Marino 13-0 and celebrated every goal, I'm fairly sure I would have cringed. I mean I would have stopped watching at 7 or 8 anyway.

Edited by Rayvin

22 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Germany actively eased off on Brazil? That's taken the shine off things for me. The first half was the funniest thing I've ever watched, and a 13-0 howking with massive OTT samba celebrations after each goal would have made it even better.

It was a brilliant night. My wife was due with our second daughter and said she wouldn’t watch the game because her nerves couldn’t cope. She staid in the bedroom and asked me to keep her updated. So I had to quickly run to her after each goal with the biggest task being not to miss the next one.

I thought the team were putting the foot of the pace to early and a double figure result would have been immense with the team celebrating every goal especially rolling over on the floor mocking Crymar.

• Haha 1

If my team admitted to “easing up” on a team so as to not humiliate them, I’d be pissed off. 

I was at the 8-0 humping of Sheff Wed, it was SBR’s first home game I think. 

Up where I was , top of the Leazes right next to the away fans, there was no sense of “fair play” :lol:

Same against Villa when we nailed them 6-0 after coming back up. 

Fuck them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If my team admitted to “easing up” on a team so as to not humiliate them, I’d be pissed off. 

I was at the 8-0 humping of Sheff Wed, it was SBR’s first home game I think. 

Up where I was , top of the Leazes right next to the away fans, there was no sense of “fair play” :lol:

Same against Villa when we nailed them 6-0 after coming back up. 

Fuck them. 

Aye but Villa had that coming. Glorious result that one :D

• Like 1

Thought I'd revisit our World Cup 2014 thread to see how that match played out on here.

On 08/07/2014 at 22:50, Tooj said:

Most embarrassing semi since me mam give me a shoulder massage.

:lol:

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Why the fuck would he go there?  An impossible job, made harder with them having a transfer ban

Aye, if he’s got an ounce of sense he’ll stay put and build up some experience, like, get them promoted. 

But, as we know all too well, football and sense don’t always go together.