Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

As an aside, I did see Certified Daft Cunt and Shit Right-Back, DeAndre Yedlin twisting into that people were shouting at him to donate more money. Obviously people didn’t realise he needs the money to conduct photo shoots with his lass in their gaff.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s Milner, if I had to guess. 

They way they talk about Levy they have to have played at Spurs at some point.

Aaron Lennon would be my guess.

8 hours ago, sammynb said:

They way they talk about Levy they have to have played at Spurs at some point.

Aaron Lennon would be my guess.

no chance a burnley player is on that much a week.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

no chance a burnley player is on that much a week.

It’s £50k a week-ish isn’t it / £200k per month? 

19 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Don’t know who that is but he’s got it spot on. Once you’ve bought a mansion, sports car, wardrobe full of designer clothes, holidays to the Bahama’s etc, you’ve probably spent 6 months wages. Some of these lads earn big money for 15years. 

How hard would it have been for Lascelles, a fortnight ago, to send a WhatsApp to every player saying “why don’t we forfeit 25% of our wage to charity until this things over”. Homeless charities, NHS, food banks, owt... There’s millions on their arse atm.

Alternatively that 25% would fund every non-paying NUFC staff member currently furloughed and being paid for by the tax payer.

And the whole whataboutery for the billionaire owners is a separate issue. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. 

Good on Jordan Henderson for actually doing something about it. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

What would the point be in players taking a wage cut? The money would most likely just stay in the club. If it were donated then where does it go? These individual donations just appear to be saving the government the odd million here and there rather than tangibly improving lives as far as I can see.

Well the easy answer there is they don’t take a wage cut. They just donate a percentage of their wages after its paid. And it doesn’t have to go to the NHS. Give it to a food bank, a homeless shelter, domestic violence charities. Donating 25% of a months wages would keep some of these places going for a decade 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The billionaire owners is the same issue, only they have more money. 

But it’s whataboutery. Billionaire owners should also donate money, agreed. It doesn’t mean millionaire footballers shouldn’t. Even if the donated money goes into league 1, league 2, conference, non league etc. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

But it’s whataboutery. Billionaire owners should also donate money, agreed. It doesn’t mean millionaire footballers shouldn’t. Even if the donated money goes into league 1, league 2, conference, non league etc. 

I agree, it was just your point it’s different I took issue with. I blamed the players at first if I’m honest. But it’s more when it was highlighted that the owners could easily have afforded to keep the non-playing staff on full wages. A fair proportion (and that’s being kind) of these owners would sell their granny and they’ll just be happy they’re saving money. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well the easy answer there is they don’t take a wage cut. They just donate a percentage of their wages after its paid. And it doesn’t have to go to the NHS. Give it to a food bank, a homeless shelter, domestic violence charities. Donating 25% of a months wages would keep some of these places going for a decade 

That would be better re: being paid in full then donating. My slight issue with donating to the NHS as opposed to the charities you mention is I wouldn’t trust those in charge with the money

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Don’t know who that is but he’s got it spot on. Once you’ve bought a mansion, sports car, wardrobe full of designer clothes, holidays to the Bahama’s etc, you’ve probably spent 6 months wages. Some of these lads earn big money for 15years. 

How hard would it have been for Lascelles, a fortnight ago, to send a WhatsApp to every player saying “why don’t we forfeit 25% of our wage to charity until this things over”. Homeless charities, NHS, food banks, owt... There’s millions on their arse atm.

Alternatively that 25% would fund every non-paying NUFC staff member currently furloughed and being paid for by the tax payer.

And the whole whataboutery for the billionaire owners is a separate issue. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. 

Good on Jordan Henderson for actually doing something about it. 

I think the leadership on this needed to come from the PFA. So far they’ve instructed the players to not agree to anything but have been absent on the issue of what to actually do. They could have easily done a conference call or vote with the captains of all 20 PL clubs and come up with a strategy.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That would be better re: being paid in full then donating. My slight issue with donating to the NHS as opposed to the charities you mention is I wouldn’t trust those in charge with the money

Yeah, and the fact they already pay a decent chunk of tax and NI towards the NHS. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

The PFA are a fucking joke though tbf 

I thought that Gordon Taylor twat was meant to be retiring, but he's still there picking up his £2 million for doing fuck all.

• Like 1

Football is finished for me.

'Advising' Prem players to take cuts.  They've had the Golden Goose for years and at a serious time of need they don't do the right thing.  The fucking lot can rot for me

He also maybe an ex Mackem, but Darren Bent was on TalkSport earlier this week and he said the old argument of players having short careers is past it now.  So many earn big wages and have decent avenues to go in after the game now.   Both him and Trevor Sinclair said it was a poor show tht Prem Teams were fulroughing non-playing staff whilst paying their players big bucks,

Jug Eared cunt Liniker was on Andrew Marr this morning defending the cunts.  Apparently the situation where clubs who have furloughed none playing staff whilst paying players full whack is a 'complex one'.

On 04/04/2020 at 21:06, wykikitoon said:

He also maybe an ex Mackem, but Darren Bent was on TalkSport earlier this week and he said the old argument of players having short careers is past it now.  So many earn big wages and have decent avenues to go in after the game now.   Both him and Trevor Sinclair said it was a poor show tht Prem Teams were fulroughing non-playing staff whilst paying their players big bucks,

If football is a short career then it gives them  plenty time you get trained up to do other jobs.