Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images

On 17/12/2020 at 02:34, RobinRobin said:

Sensibly, if a player is deemed to be sufficiently "concussed" to be substituted, that should be him out for 7 days, to avoid the scenario you raise.  Of course, the rules will change for the big 4 5 6 7 (or whatever it is now).  

On 17/12/2020 at 02:34, RobinRobin said:

Sensibly, if a player is deemed to be sufficiently "concussed" to be substituted, that should be him out for 7 days, to avoid the scenario you raise.  Of course, the rules will change for the big 4 5 6 7 (or whatever it is now).  

When a player goes down with a head injury and the ‘physio’ runs on to attend the player,is he qualified to say the player has concussion or does the club doctor check him over in the dressing room and then the doctor makes the decision. Teams with strong benches will be looking at ways of bending the rules,or changing the rules,as you say.If a player comes of with a head injury,a sub could go on,and the club doctor in the dressing room could decide that he hasn’t suffered condition.

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hope there's not a picture of a Liverpool keeper getting his bottle(s) after seeing the reaction that Messi never voted for any of their players in the balloon door thingy. :lol:

He drowned his sorrows at his dear old ma's house ;)

Drunken Mess - Picture

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Looks like we will get to see how average Pochettino is as he squaunders dirty oil money :wink2: trying to win the next level up from the SPL.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/24/paris-saint-germain-psg-thomas-tuchel-mauricio-pochettino

I always thought The Championship was the next level up from the SPL.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Jim McLean has died...he was a bit of a cunt but was also brilliant at winning games of football...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/19/the-forgotten-story-of-dundee-united-glory-years-under-jim-mclean

RIP. I remember that Dundee Utd side of the 80s. I think it was 86-87 when they ended winning nothing but were in the running for the league, the cup and the uefa cup right up until near to the season’s end 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Alex said:

RIP. I remember that Dundee Utd side of the 80s. I think it was 86-87 when they ended winning nothing but were in the running for the league, the cup and the uefa cup right up until near to the season’s end 

Yeah they won the league in 83 & a few league cups but were often the bridesmaids. This is how I’ll always remember him though....

:lol:

• Haha 1
Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Just put the Liverpool v West Brom game on, camera straight to allardyce with a facemask on completely under his nose. :lol: (Either wear one or don't you nugget).

It's like a stroppy teenager wearing their school tie with the thick end tucked inside their shirt.

• Like 1