Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So I guess they enjoyed that experience so much, they wanted a re-run :lol:

The lengths they’ll go to to annoy Real Madrid 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Luis Enrique not picking a single Real Madrid player in his Euro's squad is top level shithousery 😂

It is a little bit strange in the Sergio Ramos situation...I think he will going to play the Olympic Games. Ramos is just 4 matches to get the World Record of a player with more caps in the world... And Luis Enrique called up him in the previous matches even when he was injured just for play 10-15 minutes... 

In my opinion, the only player should be in the list is Nacho.

 

Carvajal and Lucas Vázquez (and Ramos) are injured. Asensio is in very pool level and he is not started and Isco is out of form, never plays.

 

Anyway, is a rare list. Only 24 instead 26 players... Current reserves as Diego Llorente, Eric Garcia, Laporte, Pablo Sarabia IN..... Adama Traoré or Robert Sánchez... Marcos Llorente as Right Back.... and important players in the classification as Canales, Jesús Navas out or Euro. And probably Iago Aspas, that is the best Striker in Spain. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

no maddison and i dunno what more bamford could have done to make the first cut and no place for the form midfielder willock. 

picking an unfit henderson is classic england. shades of beckham and rooney from previous tournaments. he'll probably start him too.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no maddison and i dunno what more bamford could have done to make the first cut and no place for the form midfielder willock. 

picking an unfit henderson is classic england. shades of beckham and rooney from previous tournaments. he'll probably start him too.

 

He brings 16 goals 0 assist Calvert Lewin over Bamford who got 17 goals and 7 assists. I know Calvert Lewin has been around the England set up but I just don’t understand how someone like Watkins gets in over Bamford as well, Watkins only got 2 goals more than Ings and Wilson but in about 10 games more. 
 

It honestly sounds like he’s going to bottle the right back decision and just take all four as well btw. He was saying how they can all play in different positions so he sees them as four players and not just four right backs :lol: so he’s going to take 6 full backs in a 25 man squad? Fucking grow some balls man Southgate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Howay said:

He brings 16 goals 0 assist Calvert Lewin over Bamford who got 17 goals and 7 assists. I know Calvert Lewin has been around the England set up but I just don’t understand how someone like Watkins gets in over Bamford as well, Watkins only got 2 goals more than Ings and Wilson but in about 10 games more. 
 

It honestly sounds like he’s going to bottle the right back decision and just take all four as well btw. He was saying how they can all play in different positions so he sees them as four players and not just four right backs :lol: so he’s going to take 6 full backs in a 25 man squad? Fucking grow some balls man Southgate. 

In my opinion, He want diferent style of players for different situations. Kane is the starter and Calvert-Lewin was amazing in the past international matches when Southgate gave him some minutes... OK. Bamford and Wilson are two strikers more stronger in the box... And Watkins maybe os better in running game and in football more direct. Bamford ys very good in the combinative play... But Kane is similar and better. I am not saying Watking was better, just is different (anyway, I think he will be one of the dismiss. For example, I don't understand how is possible not to be Danny Ings between 33 players.

With the Right backs... Totally agree with you. But I think Reece James (or Trippier) will be out. Trent Alexander is out of form and even he is injured today, so if he is not OK he will be the dismiss. And I guess Trippier will be selected because he have playes in both sides. And Walker can play as CB in case you need to play with 3 in the back. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion, He want diferent style of players for different situations. Kane is the starter and Calvert-Lewin was amazing in the past international matches when Southgate gave him some minutes... OK. Bamford and Wilson are two strikers more stronger in the box... And Watkins maybe os better in running game and in football more direct. Bamford ys very good in the combinative play... But Kane is similar and better. I am not saying Watking was better, just is different (anyway, I think he will be one of the dismiss. For example, I don't understand how is possible not to be Danny Ings between 33 players.

With the Right backs... Totally agree with you. But I think Reece James (or Trippier) will be out. Trent Alexander is out of form and even he is injured today, so if he is not OK he will be the dismiss. And I guess Trippier will be selected because he have playes in both sides. And Walker can play as CB in case you need to play with 3 in the back. 

 

Diego knows more about the England set up than I do, apparently :lol: 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

Diego knows more about the England set up than I do, apparently :lol: 

Hahahahaha I don't know anything better than anyone 😂

 

But in this kind of tournaments, shorts, you have to be ready for differents context you can find. The National Team has an idea and style of play... Is complicated for players playing in teams with a different style. specially if they have never been called before because you don't know how they could fit with the team.

Probably the XI will be some like 4-2-3-1 with: Goalkeper; TAA, Maguire, Stones, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Sterling; Kane. You need in the bench similar players for your 5-6 key players. Because the startes could be out for some reasons (injured, Covid, Booked). So... For Mount or Foden you have Grealish, for Kane you have DCL, for Rice you have Kalvin and for the righ and left back you have Trippier, Walker and Chilwell. 

But you need 3-4 players that can play in different positions and players can give you some different things. In the first.. You have Walker and Trippier. Rashford too. In the second, you have a man like Sancho that let you open de field, you have a unpredictable player as LIngaard and you have a midfielder more agressive and more box to box than Bellingham. 

 

I think, in this tournament we will see so many national teams changing his 'scheme' from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 or similar. There are a lot of team can do it and there are a lot of team have tried in previous games.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Hahahahaha I don't know anything better than anyone 😂

 

But in this kind of tournaments, shorts, you have to be ready for differents context you can find. The National Team has an idea and style of play... Is complicated for players playing in teams with a different style. specially if they have never been called before because you don't know how they could fit with the team.

Probably the XI will be some like 4-2-3-1 with: Goalkeper; TAA, Maguire, Stones, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Sterling; Kane. You need in the bench similar players for your 5-6 key players. Because the startes could be out for some reasons (injured, Covid, Booked). So... For Mount or Foden you have Grealish, for Kane you have DCL, for Rice you have Kalvin and for the righ and left back you have Trippier, Walker and Chilwell. 

But you need 3-4 players that can play in different positions and players can give you some different things. In the first.. You have Walker and Trippier. Rashford too. In the second, you have a man like Sancho that let you open de field, you have a unpredictable player as LIngaard and you have a midfielder more agressive and more box to box than Bellingham. 

 

I think, in this tournament we will see so many national teams changing his 'scheme' from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 or similar. There are a lot of team can do it and there are a lot of team have tried in previous games.  

what rayvin said :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion, He want diferent style of players for different situations. Kane is the starter and Calvert-Lewin was amazing in the past international matches when Southgate gave him some minutes... OK. Bamford and Wilson are two strikers more stronger in the box... And Watkins maybe os better in running game and in football more direct. Bamford ys very good in the combinative play... But Kane is similar and better. I am not saying Watking was better, just is different (anyway, I think he will be one of the dismiss. For example, I don't understand how is possible not to be Danny Ings between 33 players.

With the Right backs... Totally agree with you. But I think Reece James (or Trippier) will be out. Trent Alexander is out of form and even he is injured today, so if he is not OK he will be the dismiss. And I guess Trippier will be selected because he have playes in both sides. And Walker can play as CB in case you need to play with 3 in the back. 

I hope you’re right that he drops Watkins, I don’t see him as different enough from Kane / DCL to be a change up (plus I don’t rate him) I think Rashford through the middle is enough of a change if we need to make it without taking up a squad place. I think Ings warranted inclusion to a 33 man squad, not that it makes a massive difference since he has to shave it down anyway which is why I’ve not really been bothered about him bringing Greenwood. 
 

I hope he drops James, Trippier is worth bringing over him for set pieces and his ability to cover either full back slot, I think James is similar to Walker in that he can cover at CB and right back so feel we don’t need him (not at the expense of TAA as an attacking outlet anyway). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...