Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Recommended Posts

Pretty shameful outcome. Families deserved some kind of closure and this will only the embolden the bigots.

 

To this day I still know people (bigots, rather) that won't accept the result of the Hillsborough enquiry and just default to "what about Heysel?" if you press them on it.

 

Rest of the country would do well to follow Liverpool's lead and boycott those Murdoch shitrags like. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images


Luke Edwards making himself look like a fucking knacker exhibit 26,728. Firstly why bring Benitez up? The bloke never mentioned Benitez and asked a fair question, if Bruce has done such a stellar job he should be in the frame, and secondly Rafa was linked to those jobs in the past but as a journalist should know an out of work manager can also become a bit out of mind especially when the journalists are of Edwards quality. It’s so tedious, Rafael Benitez and Steve Bruce aren’t comparable, if the fans acted like Bruce was better than Benitez we’d be fucking annihilated and mocked relentlessly, but if we dislike Bruce we get bashed over the head for acting like Benitez is better. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Howay said:


Luke Edwards making himself look like a fucking knacker exhibit 26,728. Firstly why bring Benitez up? The bloke never mentioned Benitez and asked a fair question, if Bruce has done such a stellar job he should be in the frame, and secondly Rafa was linked to those jobs in the past but as a journalist should know an out of work manager can also become a bit out of mind especially when the journalists are of Edwards quality. It’s so tedious, Rafael Benitez and Steve Bruce aren’t comparable, if the fans acted like Bruce was better than Benitez we’d be fucking annihilated and mocked relentlessly, but if we dislike Bruce we get bashed over the head for acting like Benitez is better. 

Especially as Benitez has in fact been linked to all those jobs…

In Germany we used to call things like this a “Winklhofer”

https://fb.watch/5SbQ8XRupE/

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafa iirc, has said in the past that he likely wouldn't take the Everton job because of his allegiance to/history managing Liverpool. If I were him my code of honour would be being seriously tested right now. He wants a job in England close to his house in the Wirral, and a job that could be a decent project with decent money behind it. Past allegiances or not it may be too good an opportunity, in these uncertain times, to turn down if they come knocking.

 

Edit. 😄 Never mind, just read Rafa's quotes from his recent appearance on Monday Night Football. Seems as though he definitely would consider the Everton job for a few of the reasons I mentioned.

Edited by Polarboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

the everton job is the project he was hoping he might get at newcastle. ambitious, money to spend, big untapped potential. he's the perfect fit for them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Rafa iirc, has said in the past that he likely wouldn't take the Everton job because of his allegiance to/history managing Liverpool. If I were him my code of honour would be being seriously tested right now. He wants a job in England close to his house in the Wirral, and a job that could be a decent project with decent money behind it. Past allegiances or not it may be too good an opportunity, in these uncertain times, to turn down if they come knocking.

 

Aye, knowing his family are still in Liverpool I had him nailed on for it before he fucked off to the other side of the world.

 

Maybe Rafa is actually a bit like Cyril:

 

51682bc6BrL.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s becoming very apparent that Rafa didn’t give the steam off his piss to Edwards when he was here.

 

The phrase "If you're going to wind someone up make sure you've got a longer fuse than them" seems apt for him when he's on Twitter. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you have to remember that Ancelotti took them from mid-table to mid-table and fucked off to a proper job at the drop of a hat. They’re in the big time now and can command the best. Thanks to his trail blazing job, they’re basically better than Liverpool.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone's got time I recommend reading the link in the tweet, it's quite long but it's the best account of what the survivors and families has been through up to the end of the second inquest 

 

 

 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite horrific that- his description of being in the crowd is pretty visceral. 
 

Out of the whole article, these lines stood out to me as summing up what they ( the campaigners) were fighting about, and for, and touches on the awful guilt he describes. 
 

“But now the truth is out. And history will record that it was the police, and not us, who stole from the dead – they stole their lives, they stole the truth about their deaths, and they stole the next 27 years of the lives of their loved ones.” 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If anyone's got time I recommend reading the link in the tweet, it's quite long but it's the best account of what the survivors and families has been through upbtonzhe end of the second inquest 

 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If anyone's got time I recommend reading the link in the tweet, it's quite long but it's the best account of what the survivors and families has been through upbtonzhe end of the second inquest 

 

 

 

I've read that before PL and it's a fucking difficult read, both harrowing and a catalyst for seething anger. I would personally still be livid that despite the unlawful killing verdict nobody other than a ground safety bloke at hillsborough has ever been convicted of an offence. the unlawful killing verdict was all they were ever gonna be allowed as far as justice is concerned.

for fucks sake man, the west midlands police conducted an inquiry in to the conduct of the south yorkshire police. the mind boggles, these cunts were the human scum who tortured false confessions out the birmingham 6.

nothing changes.  :( 

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...