Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images

Spot on @Alex, the Taylor report had a far greater effect on changing the supporter demographic than Sky could ever hope of doing....the demise of the terraces was a result of Hillsborough....they didn't really need to go though, just the fences.. lots of things coincided at that time to change football but surprise surprise Hillsborough & Bradford and their subsequent reports weren't mentioned in the doc...

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would love to see Alex making a 6 part Netflix series about it. Sitting in the production meeting, absolutely adamant that a full hour has to be spent on drugs and house music.

So would I :lol: 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spot on @Alex, the Taylor report had a far greater effect on changing the supporter demographic than Sky could ever hope of doing....the demise of the terraces was a result of Hillsborough....they didn't really need to go though, just the fences.. lots of things coincided at that time to change football but surprise surprise Hillsborough & Bradford and their subsequent reports weren't mentioned in the doc...

I was thinking about Bradford too. Two absolutely ridiculous omissions. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I like Keane as a pundit though. One of the few who’s not thinking ‘who might this offend?’ before giving their opinion

He‘s from Cork. Swearing and offending is the first thing they get taught there.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not sure if NUFC have any plans in view of this announcement?  🤔

NUFC are torn about this, on the one hand, it might get the capacity up and get more fans in, on the other hand, crowds are nosediving anyway, plus it'll be cheaper tickets and they'll have to pay someone to remove the old seats as the fans here aren't gullible enough to do it for them. 

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

NUFC are torn about this, on the one hand, it might get the capacity up and get more fans in, on the other hand, crowds are nosediving anyway, plus it'll be cheaper tickets and they'll have to pay someone to remove the old seats as the fans here aren't gullible enough to do it for them. 

didn’t the mackems get some of their lot in to change the pink seats a few years back?  :lol: 

• Haha 1