Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I just don’t get the connection- It’s from a film about a Yank buying land in a Scottish village, then changing his mind. 

Newcastle connection- the bloke who composed it was born here? 

Fuck off :lol:

The fucker is from Glasgow, moved to Blyth when he was seven, then fucked off to Leeds Uni

Edited by Dougle
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

The fucker is from Glasgow, moved to Blyth when he was seven the fucked off to Leeds Uni

Fucking hell you know we’re in the money when we’re turning on Knopfler. 

Yee nah Dunston was in County Durham when Brian Johnson was a lad, there’s another one chalked off ;) 

MLF

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I just don’t get the connection- It’s from a film about a Yank buying land in a Scottish village, then changing his mind. 

Newcastle connection- the bloke who composed it was born here? 

Fuck off :lol:

This makes me wonder if Sting might rediscover his geordie accent once we start climbing up the league? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve always thought this would be better. 

Local band, the lyrics sort of fit, mentions the Corner :lol:

Can someone start a campaign, I just can’t be arsed. 

Don’t know who the DJ was around 07/08ish but he had a habit of playing “run for home” after we’d won and thousands would join in, it was fuckin brilliant. … they played “coming home Newcastle “ by Busker in the Clock at about 10 to 4 last Sunday and I thought the roof was going to come off the fuckin shithole :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fucking hell you know we’re in the money when we’re turning on Knopfler. 

Yee nah Dunston was in County Durham when Brian Johnson was a lad, there’s another one chalked off ;) 

MLF

:lol:

“Did you hate Local Hero when we were shit?” is how we’ll identify Johnny-come-latelys from now on. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don’t know who the DJ was around 07/08ish but he had a habit of playing “run for home” after we’d won and thousands would join in, it was fuckin brilliant. … they played “coming home Newcastle “ by Busker in the Clock at about 10 to 4 last Sunday and I thought the roof was going to come off the fuckin shithole :lol:

Wasn’t he the same lad that played Blitzkrieg Bop just before Oh Fortuna? 
Then they replaced him with some muppet from Metro or something? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

This makes me wonder if Sting might rediscover his geordie accent once we start climbing up the league? 

I think he might actually be an MLF if a tale I heard was right? (There's one for you, RTG, you'll be like a babies arm holding an apple if that was true?) :lol:

• Haha 2

The worst thing recently has been the bloke saying “enjoooyyy the gaaame”.

When 50 odd thousand people are sat there knowing full well they aren’t going to enjoy the game. 

They should have stopped that under Ashley. 

“this is gonnnaa be shit”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

When 50 odd thousand people are sat there knowing full well they aren’t going enjoy the game. 

"¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

When 50 odd thousand people are sat there knowing full well they aren’t going to enjoy the game. 

Whistle blows.....

Bloke on the mic: "It's never dull here!"

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

There was one DJ used to roll out Judas Priest's "United" on a regular basis, the dreariest attempt to rewrite "We Will Rock You" you could imagine. SO KEEP IT UP!

I just looked it up on YouTube 

awkward-50.gif

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes and 10 seconds I lasted on that shite.

And we think our commentators are bad

As to the shithousery bit, there was a neat, compact, edited version doing the rounds on twitter in 1974.

Dwayne Johnson         @TheRock

this is called delivering a devastating, “Rock Bottom” + I assume player in green got up and fought his ass off, unless he got his bell rung. + I also assume there was a card delivered in the red color palette

Watch Neville's body language in the last 5 minutes of this. He's so fucking uncomfortable when faced with the prospect of having to criticise his friends. 

Souness is spot on, basically saying I'm offering up my idea of a solution and you're just knocking it down, but SOMETHING has to change, and Neville is squirming in his seat because the only answer to what is wrong at Man United is that his real life friends aren't up to the task. 

This is how you end up with these situations where an objectively poor manager like Steve Bruce can't be criticised. 

• Like 6