Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Neville man. He keeps saying "I've said it's a terrible performance!" as if that's his job. 

They just got beat 5-0 at home man, we don't need expert punditry to tell us it was a terrible performance. Your job is the "and so..." part of this, and the prospect of doing it looks like it's giving you hemorrhoids. You're not even prepared to accept someone else's critique of the situation. 

Tell Sky you can only do Man United matches when they're flying high, or when they've got a manager you haven't shared a dressing room with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Neville man. He keeps saying "I've said it's a terrible performance!" as if that's his job. 

They just got beat 5-0 at home man, we don't need expert punditry to tell us it was a terrible performance. Your job is the "and so..." part of this, and the prospect of doing it looks like it's giving you hemorrhoids. You're not even prepared to accept someone else's critique of the situation. 

Tell Sky you can only do Man United matches when they're flying high, or when they've got a manager you haven't shared a dressing room with. 

The best bit is him saying he won’t comment on work he hadn’t seen. Like the coaches at Man Utd can’t be criticised by him because he wasn’t in attendance at the training sessions. Like you’re saying, that’s what you’re being paid to do as a pundit, ie provide some analysis. Not state the fucking obvious 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

The best bit is him saying he won’t comment on work he hadn’t seen. Like the coaches at Man Utd can’t be criticised by him because he wasn’t in attendance at the training sessions. Like you’re saying, that’s what you’re being paid to do as a pundit, ie provide some analysis. Not state the fucking obvious 

:lol:

If forgotten that bit. I quite like Neville and I've got a bit of time for the fact he doesn't want to shit on his mates, but you can't pick up the wage and then refuse to engage. Whoa great rapping lines by me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like him too as a pundit. But it was the same with his defence of Bruce. His argument was basically that the treatment of Bruce was completely out of order but he didn’t really offer a justification for that beyond Bruce being a great bloke (and, by extension, his mate). The patter about it being employee abuse or whatever was just obfuscation. He very likely knew he was being ridiculous but he just couldn’t bring himself to admit the obvious, ie Bruce was on the verge of being sacked because the performances and the results were steering the club towards relegation 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

If forgotten that bit. I quite like Neville and I've got a bit of time for the fact he doesn't want to shit on his mates, but you can't pick up the wage and then refuse to engage. Whoa great rapping lines by me. 

I'm standing here with my TT men 

Let's do this rapping thing again

I got MF, Alex and daft CT,

Ginger Quiff and yours truly

In the naughty north and the sexy south,

We're all singing and I got the mouth

Alreet, Gemmill and the ants. 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Dougle said:

The fucker is from Glasgow, moved to Blyth when he was seven, then fucked off to Leeds Uni

My Dad's from Glasgow, I grew up near Blyth, I fucked off to Leeds Uni. I'm basically a better version of Mark Knopfler.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My Dad's from Glasgow, I grew up near Blyth, I fucked off to Leeds Uni. I'm basically a better version of Mark Knopfler.

Seaton Sluice, not Blyth! Don't put yourself down, man! :lol:

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Seaton Sluice, not Blyth! Don't put yourself down, man! :lol:

Seaton Sluice is near Blyth numbnuts.

Rag n Boneman just filmed his new music video there. It's the Joshua Tree of Northumberlan.

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye but do you wear a Björn Borg head band?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye but do you wear a Björn Borg head band?

What, to keep my hair out of my eyes? Early onset male pattern baldness took care of that. 

bald george costanza GIF by HULU

• Haha 2