Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

23 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

It's a pretty dumb comment anyway, winning the CL as a player isn't going to make him any better as a manager. His old pals in the studio might love him, but the players look like they don't give much of a shit. 

This isn't 'wide of the mark'. :good:

• Haha 2

Man Utd will be forced to pay Ole Gunnar Solskjaer £7.5m severance package to sack manager now as part of his contract

How the fuck did Mike Ashley's NUFC enter into a contract with a manager head coach who would cost more to get rid of than the manager of one of the undoubtedly biggest (financially, if not state of play currently) clubs in the world?

I see Lascelles thinks it would be great to lift Newcastle's first trophy as captain in the era of our new ownership. Are you going to tell him or should I 😄 If and when we win anything he'll be long gone and replaced by someone of much higher quality. That is unless he seriously ups his game under the new manager, whoever that turns out to be, but it really doesn't seem likely he could improve that much at this point in his career. https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/jamaal-lascelles-eyes-trophies-following-newcastle-takeover/

Edited by Polarboy

Lascelles was playing really well at one stage under Rafa, although I don't think he'll be good enough to be in any trophy winning side. But it's still a good attitude to have to believe you are good enough. As opposed to wankers like Shelvey who are happy to coast along with gaffers like Bruce because they aren't arsed about winning anything. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Man Utd will be forced to pay Ole Gunnar Solskjaer £7.5m severance package to sack manager now as part of his contract

How the fuck did Mike Ashley's NUFC enter into a contract with a manager head coach who would cost more to get rid of than the manager of one of the undoubtedly biggest (financially, if not state of play currently) clubs in the world?

Nailed on that this was Ashley's parting gift to  Bruce. Don't rock the boat, don't ask for transfers in the Summer and you will have a nice £8mil payoff as a reward 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just watched the Fever Pitch docu on BBC about the start of the Prem.  Man the pitches looked fucked.  :lol: 

Liverpool 70s and 80s and this is one of the many Man U 90s/2000s wankfest shows there'll be. Only watched the first one, didn't bother watching the rest, pure PL propaganda as well, should've just called the self titled 'big 5' greedy bastards and it would've been just as accurate.

• Like 2

The response to that Super League debacle really reminded me of the repeated rumours over the years that Rangers and Celtic were plotting to join the English leagues.

Like then I'm just surprised there wasn't more of a collective effort from the rest of the league to just wave them off with a chorus of "See we you later, hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out". 

Shows how much money rules the game these days, opposition fans and owners relying on this small clique to keep their teams solvent.

There was a few bits about Newcastle in it. Obv the rant by KK but fuck all about Shearer breaking the World Transfer record.  Nah.

There was a bit that showed KK in training getting involved.  Pure class.

Just listened to TalkSport on the way in :lol: Brazil has such a fucking pickled brain.  Asking Agbonlawhore who out of the London clubs will finish top.  He said 'I suppose we have to include Brentford' and forgot about Chelsea :lol:  They've discussed getting rid of Sir Ole and even said Farke should be sacked if he loses v Leeds this weekend.  Then, they mentioned how Dean Smith should be sacked to take them to the next level.  Yet Nooooooooooooooo, Bruce has to stay.  

• Haha 1