Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Has Rafa gone? 

Board meeting last night apparently. No official announcement yet but feels inevitable  

Edited by Dr Gloom

On 10/01/2022 at 10:59, Gemmill said:

This business with Leeds being so "unlucky" with injuries. 

You watch that thing on Amazon about them, Bielsa has them at the training ground for 9 hour days, and has them playing this high energy Bielsa press. And the injuries started straight away when he got to the club - there's a bit with Luke Ayling saying that the intensity of the new bloke's approach has meant that the average number of players injured at any one time has gone up loads, but that will go away as the players adjust.  

I'm not sure their permanent injury problems aren't just a continuation of this. Bielsa needs to take a leaf out of Steve Bruce's book and the injuries will improve. 

That's right lads, I've watched an 8 part series on Leeds and I'm putting their team of sports scientists to shame with my analysis. 

The way their midfield played today we are going to have a new arsehole torn when we play them. Full of energy and pressing.  Something Longstaff couldn't even spell if asked to do so.

:lol: He’s just amazed by what Joelinton is able to do, for example Joelinton does this thing where he puts one foot in front of the other like Sean does when he walks but Joelinton somehow does it faster. Sean thought about trying it out but it seemed like a lot of effort. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

An interesting yardstick for Longstaff is Declan Rice. Longstaff at one point looked the better player. 

These days Rice is an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer & Longstaff can barely muster any interest. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m at the point where I’d give Matty a game. At least he can move

I’d lend him a tab if that counts for owt but I know nowt about football so can’t really help there, soz x