Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

You see this is the problem, they stopped taking quality assurance seriously.  

Always did our checks as well as running manufacturing. #multiTasking #blooter #OilersArms #ElectriciansArms #NeeDeadSoldiers 

• Haha 4

I knew they’d moved production to Yorkshire (Tadcaster?) but it wasn’t until KCG mentioned it that I realised it was made in Holland now. I think the introduction of decent beer in lots of pubs (which definitely hasn’t always been the case) has shown it up to be a pretty ordinary mass produced product. Then you take away the local connection of the Blue Star / NUFC and it being made on the doorstep then it hasn’t got a lot left imo. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I knew they’d moved production to Yorkshire (Tadcaster?) but it wasn’t until KCG mentioned it that I realised it was made in Holland now. I think the introduction of decent beer in lots of pubs (which definitely hasn’t always been the case) has shown it up to be a pretty ordinary mass produced product. Then you take away the local connection of the Blue Star / NUFC and it being made on the doorstep then it hasn’t got a lot left imo. 

They shifted to tadcaster as it was a way of saving money and selling prime land near the city centre, they didn't care less for the heritage or the protected geographic status, Heineken took over but it had already closed the Tyne brewery by then. Last I heard they were brewing in Holland, in tadcaster and were letting it be brewed in the US for their market there. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

On 21/03/2022 at 12:43, Howmanheyman said:

I used to drink it pretty regularly but I was at work and it was gratis. Once I left the thought of paying for it just didn't sit right with me and I didn't usually drink it out of work.

Were you a drayman S&N?

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No, I just worked at the Tyne brewery for a few years. 

Why so circumspect?

Were you the bean counter that moved the brewery to Tadcaster? You seem to know a lot about it. What have you got to hide?!

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why so circumspect?

Were you the bean counter that moved the brewery to Tadcaster? You seem to know a lot about it. What have you got to hide?!

“Rehabilitation of the fish coming along wonderfully, distrusts other party members, helping parents with garden”

Futurama Writing GIF by HULU

• Haha 11

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why so circumspect?

Wtf are you going on about, Daveed? :lol:

I knew a lot about it as I was being put on the dole and wanted to know why and find out if their excuses were bullshit? :lol: (They were).

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why so circumspect?

So-called bean counter

• Haha 2

It's gone quiet on here all of sudden? Oh, it's just after five and all the bean counters have fucked off home from their comfy chairs in their comfy offices sitting in front of their computers after logging off from TT and getting a quick drink from the watercooler. 

IS THIS YOU, FISH?! :lol:

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's gone quiet on here all of sudden? Oh, it's just after five and all the bean counters have fucked off home from their comfy chairs in their comfy offices sitting in front of their computers after logging off from TT and getting a quick drink from the watercooler. 

Must be my shift now, then

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Wtf are you going on about, Daveed? :lol:

I knew a lot about it as I was being put on the dole and wanted to know why and find out if their excuses were bullshit? :lol: (They were).

Take your stall down the road mate, I'm not buying what you're selling.

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fucked off downstairs more like. I went into the office for the first time in a year last week, and that was to have a 15 minute face to face meeting about how they're moving the office to a different building a minute down the road.

"How is will this office-move impact your commute?"

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, where is the football board’s MVP? I hope he wasn’t seduced by our 24 hour fling with N-O

It's a marathon, not a sprint.