Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

With the amount of cow pies that Jimmy Hill chinned fucker ate, it's a fair bet that he's in the later stages of some Creutzfeldt-Jakob style dementia.

I was also in the Dennis the Menace fan club, and have a weird recollection of some DING DONG acronym.

Whizzer and Chips- you were a Chip-ite or a Whizz Kid. 

Somewhat prophetically, given my proclivities a few short years later, I was a Whizz Kid. 

We’d have laced Dennis and then used Dan’s limp body to mop up the mess. 
:lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

With the amount of cow pies that Jimmy Hill chinned fucker ate, it's a fair bet that he's in the later stages of some Creutzfeldt-Jakob style dementia.

I was also in the Dennis the Menace fan club, and have a weird recollection of some DING DONG acronym.

Not so much a fan club, more here’s a couple of badges 

• Haha 1

Aye but on the face of it Lineker scored against better opposition. A lot of Kane’s goals have been against shite. Not that it’s his fault and he’s still a top striker but I think it’s difficult to make historical comparisons, particularly in international football.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye but on the face of it Lineker scored against better opposition. A lot of Kane’s goals have been against shite. Not that it’s his fault and he’s still a top striker but I think it’s difficult to make historical comparisons, particularly in international football.

Just been looking at some of the friendlies Lineker scored in.  It's interesting looking.  But yeh, you cant really compare.  Both great finishers.  At least Lineker doesn't have to wear a bib to wipe up his dribble.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Looking at Harry Kane's scoring record for England is pretty impressive.  I was wondering today how many he's got in friendlies and it's 'only' 6.  The rest are quali's / finals.

Kane has had a lucky career tbh. There are no good goalies on Earth any more.  

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

4979860532_332c585aa8.jpg

Oh man, I have not thought about those for years

I'm pretty sure there are still boxes in my parents attic full of years worth of copies of the beano.

Does anyone remember Desperate Dans Cow Pie crisps? I've tried to google them and not seeing anything.

Oh look, a shitty Egypt side went to penalties against Senegal again and lost. What a fucking surprise. Salah muffed the fuck out of his as well, lasers or not. We've not won a damn thing since he emerged and we'll not accomplish anything until he's retired. He drags the entire side down, makes everyone else around him a worse player. I'm growing to loathe the sight of him in an Egypt shirt. 

Anyway, it's just as well, we were the worst team at the 2018 WC and we'd have been the worst in 2022 as well - bar maybe Qatar themselves - had we qualified. 

1 hour ago, acrossthepond said:

Oh look, a shitty Egypt side went to penalties against Senegal again and lost. What a fucking surprise. Salah muffed the fuck out of his as well, lasers or not. We've not won a damn thing since he emerged and we'll not accomplish anything until he's retired. He drags the entire side down, makes everyone else around him a worse player. I'm growing to loathe the sight of him in an Egypt shirt. 

Anyway, it's just as well, we were the worst team at the 2018 WC and we'd have been the worst in 2022 as well - bar maybe Qatar themselves - had we qualified. 

Damn, that's some take. How is he bringing the side down? I'm not challenging your view btw, I just want to understand it cos it's so rare to hear anyone say a bad word about Salah.

Edit - except Wykiki ofc, but he has a bad word for almost everyone :D

• Haha 3

Salah makes us a worse team because everyone else expects him to produce miracles, including the parade of donkeys that we have employed as coaches over the past decade. Everyone works less hard when he's around, thinking the Liverpool star and Golden Boot winner can surely handle a few African defenders. As for Salah himself, he's used to profiting from gilt-edged chances produced for him by his world-class teammates and doesn't much fancy putting in the hard graft required to find space when being double-marked by defenders who have watched him play every Saturday for years. 

Basically, he can't do it on a hot Tuesday night in Dakar. European ties alongside Mane and TAA? Absolutely. Burkina Faso alongside Mustafa Mohamed (two-first-name-having motherfucker) and Omar Marmoush? Not so much. 

• Like 1

They were saying on the wireless this morning how tragic it is he wont be at the WC this year. :lol: Get to fuck you diving cunt.

Funny how VAR is in the EPL he no longer goes down like an extra on fucking Platoon eh? The scruffy cunt.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Salah makes us a worse team because everyone else expects him to produce miracles, including the parade of donkeys that we have employed as coaches over the past decade. Everyone works less hard when he's around, thinking the Liverpool star and Golden Boot winner can surely handle a few African defenders. As for Salah himself, he's used to profiting from gilt-edged chances produced for him by his world-class teammates and doesn't much fancy putting in the hard graft required to find space when being double-marked by defenders who have watched him play every Saturday for years. 

Basically, he can't do it on a hot Tuesday night in Dakar. European ties alongside Mane and TAA? Absolutely. Burkina Faso alongside Mustafa Mohamed (two-first-name-having motherfucker) and Omar Marmoush? Not so much. 

Fair, and thanks.

I did just see a clip of the laser pointers though, and fucking hell. They aren't punishing that shit?

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fair, and thanks.

I did just see a clip of the laser pointers though, and fucking hell. They aren't punishing that shit?

I heard they were bad.  It's mad it wasn't stopped tbh.