Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I hope he’s absolutely fucked his career for good. The stupid cunt. The last few years have taught us how dangerous people like him with a platform really are. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Absolutely off his rocker. Thinks he's got the world all worked out, the experts aren't any smarter than he is, it's all just common sense after all.

You were asking what would be the response of those who denied covid, thought it was about controlling people etc. once it became clear that wasn’t the case. There’s your answer, they’ll just move onto the next big conspiracy. I’m not having a pop at you btw, just suggesting most of them are so far gone that the subject barely matters. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

You were asking what would be the response of those who denied covid, thought it was about controlling people etc. once it became clear that wasn’t the case. There’s your answer, they’ll just move onto the next big conspiracy. I’m not having a pop at you btw, just suggesting most of them are so far gone that the subject barely matters. 

Aye, you're quite right.

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Spot on. 
One of my mates went off the deep end with all the COVID stuff, that then led to “I’m not anti vax but the Covid vaccine is dodgy and I won’t have it”, non stop posting about it, and now he’s saying he won’t ever get another vaccine again. He’s also full on with questioning everything the media say now, it’s been a gateway to a lot of other conspiracy bullshit for a lot of people and aye as you say a wanker with a platform like Le Tissier has helped that along. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

I hope he’s absolutely fucked his career for good. The stupid cunt. The last few years have taught us how dangerous people like him with a platform really are. 

I'd love to know who is paying to go and see these cunts.

2021PunditsSquare.jpg

• Jaysus... 2

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

This Europa Conference League has completely passed me by. Wtf is it? Can we not just go back to the CWC / Uefa Cup? 

A competition so highly regarded that Spurs opted against playing their last group match rather than risk going through to the next round.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is unlikely to be good news for us...

I think it’s hard to know what the impact will be, it could drive down agent and transfer fees which have both gotten completely out of hand. I don’t think it’s come out yet what the mechanics are, like will balances carryover, or can you only spend that amount year to year? If it’s the latter it’s a bit daft as you end up with situations like what happened with Barca as La Liga have an FFP mechanic over wages that kind of works like that and the decrease in revenue due to COVID meant Barcas wages were miles over the limit. 

• Like 1

I don't properly understand the proposals. Looking at the clubs below, are they all going to have to cut their squad salaries and/or have fuck all to spend in terms of transfers?

Ez4PEEsX0AIB9oz?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is unlikely to be good news for us...

This along with the crap about who gets into the Champions League seems a massive stitch up for those clubs already there to pull the ladder up.

I think it’ll probably favour the richest clubs as they’ll find ways to get around it. I think that’ll include us. If it means growing the team and revenue a little bit more slowly and steadily then that might not be the worst thing either 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't properly understand the proposals. Looking at the clubs below, are they all going to have to cut their squad salaries and/or have fuck all to spend in terms of transfers?

Ez4PEEsX0AIB9oz?format=jpg&name=large

Maybe it’s referring to wages in terms of new contracts? So it’s like the wages, and fees of new players are what’s factored against the 70%, if it’s the way we were originally interpreting the tweet I don’t get how it’ll ever work, even with a 3 year grace period. 

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0274-14d9f32dd3ea-b0b8ca4dca0a-1000--new-financial-sustainability-regulations-approved/

Implemented over 3 years.

Hopefully this will allow our owners a re-think to get up the ladder more quickly than intended.

C0A60B0A-7036-40B1-BDF0-DAD8DB4841AE.jpeg

:lol: Have they missed what wages and transfer fees have become since 2010? There’s players on 300k a week and 100m transfer fees have become somewhat regular. What fucking planet do these people live on?

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

This along with the crap about who gets into the Champions League seems a massive stitch up for those clubs already there to pull the ladder up.

But ... I thought we were getting relegated? :huh:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

But ... I thought we were getting relegated? :huh:

Already happened. Damn you Norwich and that incredible run. 14 points out of three matches. Remarkable return!

• Haha 1