Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

Always been a fan of Squier's work, although his now attitude to NUFC is becoming predictable and boring but his latest work hits the nail on the head.

1537.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2022/apr/15/david-squires-on-the-death-of-a-friend-and-the-power-of-football-connections

Work?

An opinion, a moderate ability to draw and a compliant media outlet to deliver his mediocre overtly political views about football.

• Like 1

I lost interest in Squires a bit over time but I honestly do think he's consistent with his views so I don't take issue with him pointing the finger at us. His skill IMO is managing to keep on top of all the various micro-developments that occur across the week's football news and fitting them into his comic. I agree he's not the best artist.

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I assume he's been prepping the team all week for Sundays game too. This decision will probably relegate them, and then do them out of a manager that could get them promoted next season 

I think the timing can only mean that they have someone else lined up ready to go.

38 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Didn't the new owners use some sort of leverage buyout to get the club in the first place?

They've been using the club's money to pay off the debt that they got themselves into to buy it too. :lol:

They're in a proper state by the sound of it, having been run really responsibly for years.

• Like 1

That is staggering tbh. Burnley looked even now like they'd make a decent fist of it. Hard to think of anything other than relegation for them now, no matter who they get in.

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Depends if they get a bounce. I mean he's led the team all season and they're in the bottom 3 so it's not like he's been crushing it. 

I get your point, but I think they're a day late and a dollar short.

When we drafted Benitez in I think it was early March and Shearer was announced on April 1st ("8 games and 8 games only.") and both those were too late for the bounce. 

I might be wrong, but I reckon Everton will view these events with a wry smile rather than any form of fear. 

• Like 1

Agreed, feels like a desperate gamble by the new owners who’ve sadly fucked the clubs finances. 

They’ve done shite this season but from the outside it looks like the lack of investment finally caught up with them. 

• Like 1

I don't understand everyone saying that's them fucked now. They've won 4 games all season, they were more than likely fucked anyway and we're quite comfortably beaten by bottom team Norwich. He'd been there ten years, maybe it's just time for a change. 

• Like 1