Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-pre-season-tour-23967650

Genuinely waiting for this to be confirmed to see if I can make a game or two, knowing my luck it will probably be somewhere on the other corner of this gigantic country from me.

Yes we get excited about pre-season now. :banana: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-pre-season-tour-23967650

Genuinely waiting for this to be confirmed to see if I can make a game or two, knowing my luck it will probably be somewhere on the other corner of this gigantic country from me.

Yes we get excited about pre-season now. :banana: 

Mail saying it maybe scuppered.

• Sad 1

From The Mail, Tuesday:

The pre-season preparations of Newcastle United and Wolves have been thrown into disarray after a US tournament was cancelled at short notice.

Sportsmail understands the Premier League pair were due to cross the Atlantic and take part in the first 'Ohio Cup' during July, along with two sides from Spain thought to be Villareal and Valencia.

Plans were at a very advanced stage, according to insiders, with the finishing touches being put to a tournament which would have seen two matches hosted in Cincinnati and two in Columbus.

However, both English sides have been left fuming after the plug was suddenly pulled - with barely any explanation.

Wolves are still expecting to travel to the US but are now in talks with MLS clubs to try to arrange fixtures. Newcastle are exploring their options.

The scheduling of MLS games throughout July makes playing games against US sides in their own country problematic - Newcastle's last stateside jaunt in 2015 pitting them against a Mexican side and two domestic outfits in leagues below MLS level. 

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I thought you lived in Pakistan?

I did. Then was in the middle east for a few years for work. Been here less than 2 years. Still not over the fact the wife had us move right before Qatar 22. Need to stick around here till '26 me thinks ;) 

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Portland/Pakistan 

Samesies. 

We've got less druggies to be fair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Dallas. Was up in Portland till last year so I fully expect them to land there or nearby Seattle. Who else here is US based btw?

:pray:  Fuck Seattle, bring the lads here. I will go full on Adam Pearson style. Airport, inside and outside the hotel, on all 17 bridges here, the aerial tram, hookah lounges, massage parlors, etc.

9 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

That happens to also be my first name, I don't want to be associated with that utter fucking plank. Shame, maybe I'll ask him if he can have it changed. 

I’d never have had you down as a Sir John mind. 

• Haha 3