Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not sure. Think if he gets crosses into the box then he will score. Fulham look a bit more expansive this season.

Aye, it’s fucking unbelievable there, £1m for a 2 bed flat ffs.  

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'll have a tenner with you for the sbr foundation that he scores double this season than  wood does?   :)

I was probably wrong about Wood being better than him but I’ll gladly have a tenner bet over him getting to say, 12 goals? 

Mitrovic is definitely better than he was, seems like he’s matured a lot and knows his role well but, even in the same game, I think Toney is a more complete striker 

34 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I was probably wrong about Wood being better than him but I’ll gladly have a tenner bet over him getting to say, 12 goals? 

Mitrovic is definitely better than he was, seems like he’s matured a lot and knows his role well but, even in the same game, I think Toney is a more complete striker 

I reckon mitrovic only has a chance of getting to 12 if he takes the fridge off his back!  ;)

seriously though, I only remembered your post as wood was having a mare in front of goal for burnley (and subsequently for us) whereas mitrovic was well on his way to breaking records in the championship.

agree about toney, maybe we'd be better served chipping in a tenner each towards our seemingly destitute PIF owners when it comes to buying a striker at the moment?

Thing is Mitrovic would’ve cost at least double what we paid for Wood last January. I just don’t think he’s worth anything like that before you consider the FFP impact. Wood is limited but he was a stopgap. We needed to pay the £25m to trigger his release clause and it’s probably double his value, even in the inflated market. But I think it was worth it on balance because I don’t think we’d have give on that fantastic run of results without a focal point up front. Without that run, starting with the win against Leeds iirc, then survival would’ve been touch and go. Mitrovic might have a really good season and he’s definitely playing with confidence in a side creating chances but he’s yet to have one good PL campaign. I don’t particularly rate either of them though 

• Like 5

What a weird soundtrack. Does he leave the south coast to go to the Midlands? I dunno. I don't think they have got a top 8 squad either, looks like Gerrard has been allowed to make some missteps and pump their wage bill through the roof for very little gain. 

• Like 2

By 10pm tonight, two of the teams we need to overhaul to get into Europe (West Ham and Man United) will probably be on 0 points after 3 games, giving us a 5 point head start. 

And Man United haven't even started their pre World Cup fixture pile up yet. 

When you look at the other teams we might have been competing with for top 10 spots, Leicester look in trouble, as do Villa, and Wolves are on 1 point after 3.

Brighton, Brentford and Palace, probably too early to say but they all look pretty solid. Brighton were the better team against us so they'll be a threat I would imagine. 

It's looking pretty good so far though. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

Do people listen to Athletico Mince? Mortimer does a thing called Geordie Heat which is basically a police drama where Denise Welch is a PC who answers the phones, DCI Steve Bruce is her boss and Shelvey is a copper there too.

Every episode is Sting ringing up to complain about some crime that's been committed at "his massive house with the massive drive". 

Anyway Eddie Howe has recently been added to the roster and the voice Mortimer has for him is inexplicably hilarious (to me at least). Fast forward to 27:45 in the above for your fix. 

• Haha 1

Marsch's celebration for Leeds' third goal is well worth watching on MOTD2.  He spikes a bottle of water like he's celebrating a touchdown then does this weird flex thing.  All whilst wearing skinny jeans. :lol:

On MOTD2 they had a video montage of the PL's highest scorers. I knew Lampard was prolific but I didn't realise he scored 177 PL goals from midfield. Only 10 behind Andy Cole ffs. 

Fucking SHITE manager though. 

Edited by Gemmill

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

On MOTD2 they had a video montage of the PL's highest scorers. I knew Lampard was prolific but I didn't realise he scored 177 PL goals from midfield. Only 10 behind Andy Cole ffs. 

Fucking SHITE manager though. 

Would you go so far as to say - A relegation manager ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's between him and Ten Hag. 

Did the manc reds just hire him because at a distance (or if you are Fish) he looks like Pep?

Edited by Dougle