Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Sonatine
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tinofbeans said:

indeed.  Paul Parker. Peter Stilton ( about 6 years past his best). the rest were all pretty damn good though.. 

 

I always felt he matured with age.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Apparently Americans are going mental because Lizzo played James Maddison’s flute. I want us to sign him even more now.

 

Lizzo:

 

 

"Bitch, I just twerked and played James Madison's crystal flute from the 1800s. We just made history tonight!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Australian international? He’ll probably end up being fuckin brilliant but only available for 2/3 of the season due to being fuckin knackered from all the travelling to and from the likes Guam and Bhutan for World Cup qualifiers :cuppa:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guam and Australia are both geographically in Oceania but they both are part of the Asian Football Confederation. I bet you all wanted to know that 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Australian international? He’ll probably end up being fuckin brilliant but only available for 2/3 of the season due to being fuckin knackered from all the travelling to and from the likes Guam and Bhutan for World Cup qualifiers :cuppa:

frustrated for real GIF by ZDF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Guam and Australia are both geographically in Oceania but they both are part of the Asian Football Confederation. I bet you all wanted to know that 

 

Guam trivia quiz: They were once managed by which NUFC alumnus?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

Guam and Australia are both geographically in Oceania but they both are part of the Asian Football Confederation. I bet you all wanted to know that 

waynes world wayne GIF

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

 

Guam trivia quiz: They were once managed by which NUFC alumnus?

John Carver, or Pardew on his magical mystery tour?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

It was, of course, what Craig said. For five years, no less :o https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/former-northern-ireland-footballer-who-lived-in-guam-hopes-for-a-peaceful-solution-to-crisis-36020264.html

 

Though it's no wonder they're not much of a force on the world football scene if this is their squad...

 

gFVwaG.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Platini will forever remain an Olympic standard wanker but he was a fuckin great footballer :cuppa:

 

https://youtu.be/IU9S9oaa-AU
 

 

C3E27DA2-0641-46FF-9231-DCE3DB66B939.jpeg

I loved him as a player. I remember really looking forward to that tournament and seeing him and France off the back of Espana ‘82. He didn’t disappoint. Iirc he was the top scorer in Serie A three years running, playing for Juve, around that time. I know he took free kicks and pens but that’s pretty amazing for an attacking midfielder/ no. 10. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I loved him as a player. I remember really looking forward to that tournament and seeing him and France off the back of Espana ‘82. He didn’t disappoint. Iirc he was the top scorer in Serie A three years running, playing for Juve, around that time. I know he took free kicks and pens but that’s pretty amazing for an attacking midfielder/ no. 10. 


I don’t remember anything of Euro 84 (just the semis & the final were on tv?? I was 15 but I think that summer was spent chasing girls from the next village of exceedingly easy virtue 😉) but I saw a comment on Facebook which said that Zidane would’ve struggled to get in the French side in 84 as their midfield was so well balanced which sort of inspired me to have a mooch on YouTube… Six, Tigana & Battiston were the others?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:


I don’t remember anything of Euro 84 (just the semis & the final were on tv?? I was 15 but I think that summer was spent chasing girls from the next village of exceedingly easy virtue 😉) but I saw a comment on Facebook which said that Zidane would’ve struggled to get in the French side in 84 as their midfield was so well balanced which sort of inspired me to have a mooch on YouTube… Six, Tigana & Battiston were the others?

Aye. Le carre magique. But it was Giresse I think alongside Tigana, Platini and I’m not sure who else. I think all the games were on the telly though (unless I’m mistaken). England didn’t qualify (or any other home nation iirc). But it was the first time the Euros was expanded as a tournament proper - to 8 teams. I think it was a series of knockout qualifiers before that. I.e. just 4 teams made the finals straight into semis and then finals. Euro 80 was before my time though (I have vague memories of Allan Wells winning the Olympics in Moscow). The first tournament I can remember was the World Cup in Spain two years before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye. Le carre magique. But it was Giresse I think alongside Tigana, Platini and I’m not sure who else. I think all the games were on the telly though (unless I’m mistaken). England didn’t qualify (or any other home nation iirc). But it was the first time the Euros was expanded as a tournament proper - to 8 teams. I think it was a series of knockout qualifiers before that. I.e. just 4 teams made the finals straight into semis and then finals. Euro 80 was before my time though (I have vague memories of Allan Wells winning the Olympics in Moscow). The first tournament I can remember was the World Cup in Spain two years before. 

Deschamps. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.