Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Assists are bollocks.You get an assist if you take a corner which is then put into the net.Alli's dives  in the box resulting in Keane scoring the pens could be classed as assists.50 yard humps into the box leading directly to a goal are assists.I just think  Giggs would have offered more  if he'd spent more time away from the left  touchline.Not by  displacing either of the two best midfield players I've seen in English football.

You can get a goal if it hits off the keeper and bounces in off your arse too though. However, the player with the most assists is likely to have been creative in a crucial sense in the same way the top goalscorer isn't going to have scored 20 or so flukey goals. Re: Giggs, I suppose he played in an era where almost all sides in England played 4-4-2 for most of his career. Man Utd under Ferguson did and by the time they didn't Giggs was a central midfielder. I think you're right that he'd have thrived with a less restricted role

23 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nedved scored as many goals as giggs in substantially  less appearances in fairness, don't know about assists but i'd say he'd be up there

Giggs averaged an assist every six games, Nedved once every fifteen games. I know stats don't tell everything but that's quite a difference, if the stats are correct.

I'm rubbish at these X was better than Y things anyway given that I don't watch any other leagues and have a shit footballing memory anyway.

I'm wondering why Merino is not getting any game time of late, he's become a 90 minute bench warmer.

Has he had a falling out with Rafa? after all he has shown he has some talent and has impressed on earlier appearances.

Jordan Henderson saying he's improved in his 7 years at Liverpool.  Aye he's went from shite, to quite shite.  Liverpool will not win a league or CL with him as captain or anywhere near the team for that matter, and England won't improve with him. It's not me having an anti-mackem mentality neither.  Look at England's reasonable midfielders, not greats like Gazza or Bryan Robson.  People like Frank Lampard, Paul Ince or even Jamie Redknapp, how the fuck he is in a place where they were often seen as average for the national team.  

Watch he has a blinder on Satder nuw. 

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

giggs was fucking class like. we could have put out pretty much man u's entire midfield if the cunt had played for england instead of wales. 

He only ever played for England schoolboys which falls under the ESFA rather than the FA. To play for England schoolboys you need to go to an English school rather than being English I think. Giggs was born in Wales, his dad’s Welsh and he’s always considered himself to be Welsh. I agree he’s a cunt though 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

What is it that Henderson is actually supposed to be good at? Is he a good passer, good at breaking up play?

I've heard a couple of Liverpool fans say they're a much better side with him than without him. Probably because he has the discipline to sit and do the donkey work while every other kid in the team bombs on. Don't have to be a world beater to pull that role off, admittedly like

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

for a proud welshman, he doesn't sound very welsh

Do you sound like you’re from the North East? :P

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

for a proud welshman, he doesn't sound very welsh

Does Dummett sound very Welsh?.............born in England plays for Wales.

Does Ritchie sound very Scottish?...............born in England plays for Scotland.

Does Clark sound very Irish?.......................born in England plays for Ireland.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Do you sound like you’re from the North East? :P

I sound way more Geordie than he sounds welsh. 

Its very annoying. That midfield of beckham, scholes, butt, giggs would have been awesome for England. It was always the left side of midfield that was the problem position for the so-called golden generation. And he would have balanced if perfectly. The selfish welsh wanker.

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

Does Ritchie sound very Scottish?...............born in England plays for Scotland.

Does Clark sound very Irish?.......................born in England plays for Ireland.

Are any of them good enough to play for England? .............No.

Giggs was. But he decided to waste his international career, the patriotic prat.

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

Owen Hargraves born and raised in Canada played for England.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Are any of them good enough to play for England? .............No.

Giggs was. But he decided to waste his international career, the patriotic prat.

just like shearer wasting his playing career joining us?