Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck that, he's a helmet. 

He's scoring a goal every two games from the left wing at the moment. He goes on like a twat but he's got the talent and if we were to sign him then I'd be confident that Ashworth has done the research into his attitude.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He's scoring a goal every two games from the left wing at the moment. He goes on like a twat but he's got the talent and if we were to sign him then I'd be confident that Ashworth has done the research into his attitude.

Ashworth has said we've got a strict no dickheads rule. He wouldn't even start research on Zaha. 

• Like 1

I noticed in that interview with Jake Humphrey, Howe made a point of highlighting the bonus of inheriting zero discipline issues. I think harmony in the dressing room is central to his success criteria and I cannot see Eddie risking that being upset by bringing the likes of Zaha here. 

It'd be him putting ability ahead of attitude and it's just not his ethos.

Edited by Craig

I'm enjoying laughing at Liverpool fans mind.

You'd think their club was formed by Kier Hardie before he sold to mother Theresa the way they go on. 

Holier than thou

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Craig said:

I noticed in that interview with Jake Humphrey, Howe made a point of highlighting the bonus of inheriting zero discipline issues. I think harmony in the dressing room is central to his success criteria and I cannot see Eddie risking that being upset by bringing the likes of Zaha here. 

It'd be him putting ability ahead of attitude and it's just not his ethos.

Yeah there was clearly disharmony in our camp under Bruce but Howe doesn't seem to have had any issues. Almost as if the bloke who was central to the disharmony wasn't there when he walked in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm enjoying laughing at Liverpool fans mind.

You'd think their club was formed by Kier Hardie before he sold to mother Theresa the way they go on. 

Holier than thou

Probably because they suspect they’ve missed the boat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Yeah there was clearly disharmony in our camp under Bruce but Howe doesn't seem to have had any issues. Almost as if the bloke who was central to the disharmony wasn't there when he walked in.

He's also ruthless in rooting out any potential rotten eggs as well. Ciaran Clark being a prime example - in terms of ability, probably comparable to Krafth, Manquillo, Longstaff but had completely the wrong attitude, demonstrable with his sendings off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

He's also ruthless in rooting out any potential rotten eggs as well. Ciaran Clark being a prime example - in terms of ability, probably comparable to Krafth, Manquillo, Longstaff but had completely the wrong attitude, demonstrable with his sendings off. 

As that happened I said he should never play for the club again. At the time it felt a must win game, crowd were well up for it and 9 mins in you consciously decide to do that. Howe semi-defended it at the time publicly but I think he'd have lost respect had he not got him out the second he his position was covered.

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Probably because they suspect they’ve missed the boat. 

Aye it's just making me laugh :lol: 

Quite happy to take the billions of venture capitalists like Henry but suddenly on their high horses when other clubs get a chance at the top. 

It means more in Liverpool, because they're very very special see? Each fan is a unique personification of moral perfection. 

Apparently 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I see Fred and a 39 year old Dani Alves made the Brazil squad ahead of Joelinton. If we finish top 4 I guarantee he gets a call up next season 

I'm gutted for Joelinton but, from a purely selfish perspective, I'm glad he's not going. I'd much prefer him being part of the NUFC mini pre-season setup. 

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What?? He's far more deserving of a call up than fucking Fred. Gutted for him.

Its rare these days that there will be debutants in big tournament squads, given his form over the last 12 months its odd that he hasn't even had a call up but this isn't surprising with that in mind.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What?? He's far more deserving of a call up than fucking Fred. Gutted for him.

Watch Fred get a crippling injury at the weekend… B)