Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Talking of the weekend does anyone remember reading that the "big six" insisted that the fixtures were fiddled on the last round before the break so that none of them played each other? 

Fuck you Chelsea. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Obviously, because what happens at Liverpool dictates the health of the sport in its entirety. If Liverpool were to disappear tomorrow the sport would effectively end for all intents and purposes (and for all intensive porpoises too).

Miss You No GIF by pikaole

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yesterday in the car I put on TalkSport.  It was the two laughing bus men. The midget Chelsea fan was saying the fans around him weren't keen on Potter and wanted him out.  But oh, no, not him.  He's sensible (and didn't want to be called a daft cunt) the lisping shit.

The honeymoon period is well over for Chelsea though :lol: 

• Haha 1

Chelsea would be daft to get rid. Howe didn't imprint his image on our squad immediately and no doubt Potter is coming in with a completely new set of ideas. 

That said, if they go through a period of turmoil it dramatically increases the chances of top 4 for us, so I'm all for Boehly and Co making a series of terrible decisions. 

• Like 2

Graham Potter is in a completely different situation to Eddie though. Eddie came into a failing club and given carte blanche to get rid or keep anyone he wanted. Also how many egos were really filling that dressing room? Potter has to mollycoddle a team of prima donnas who think they are well above the manager in the pecking order.

That's the tabloid view of it but who knows. We all thought our squad had a load of issues outside of just the manager when Howe turned up, but he speaks of a group of players that were desperate to learn and be coached and whose attitude was impeccable from day 1.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That's the tabloid view of it but who knows. We all thought our squad had a load of issues outside of just the manager when Howe turned up, but he speaks of a group of players that were desperate to learn and be coached and whose attitude was impeccable from day 1.

Brewcie destroyed the poor bastards.  But it shows what we know, or don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  We (I know I did) assumed Shelvey would be a disruption and an influence on some where it sounds like he wasn't.  Maybe he and Lascelles were the main people to try and keep the group together. 

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yep I interpreted that as "my predecessor was fucking useless and completely out of touch with the squad." 

Nothing we didn't know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Loving err “Nigerian Scouser” here :lol:

Please do allow the fan groups to be involved. At least we can rightly say we had no say in the Saudi takeover. These cunts might put themselves in the position of rubber stamping theirs. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Please do allow the fan groups to be involved. At least we can rightly say we had no say in the Saudi takeover. These cunts might put themselves in the position of rubber stamping theirs. 

Yeah good point. I think they’ll be a small minority of “divine righters” who will be wailing & gnashing teeth but their enormous plastic and worldwide support base couldn’t give even the tiniest of shits who owns them as long as they’re ludicrously wealthy :lol: 

From a sky tv scouser of my acquaintance: 

7EBC8F90-F1C0-42BB-8FE8-5C56833721C0.jpeg

Listening to the Athletic podcast about Hassenhutl. Apparently he doesn't like working with an assistant, and he prefers to work with younger players mainly because they'll just do what he says and be less inclined to offer a view. 

And they've spoken to some of the more experienced Southampton players who did try to offer a view and he reacted badly to it. 

He sounds like a complete fucking helmet. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listening to the Athletic podcast about Hassenhutl. Apparently he doesn't like working with an assistant, and he prefers to work with younger players mainly because they'll just do what he says and be less inclined to offer a view. 

And they've spoken to some of the more experienced Southampton players who did try to offer a view and he reacted badly to it. 

He sounds like a complete fucking helmet. 

Helmethüttl

• Haha 6