Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I almost hope they do get rid of him because they've made so many changes to bring in people that he wants that it would set Chelsea back a good chunk of time. 

I was listening to the Athletic Podcast and they had an episode on Chelsea and it sounds like a really weird setup where there's this open sharing of ideas on who they'll sign and from what I could gather, this "committee" includes the new owner. 

They were saying Potter must have got certain guarantees to have joined, but if you're sitting opposite the big rich yank owner, there's no way this is gonna work. 

• Like 1

If you appoint someone like potter, you need to give him 2-3 transfer windows so he can embed his philosophy.

Chelsea always seemed an odd match. The short-termism worked under the oligarch  because they went from one world class manager to another. It’ll be interesting to see if the yank follows suit 

• Like 1

Reading the Chelsea forum the other day.  Most were willing to give him a chance, but now the majority want him out as they think he's clearly lost the plot.  Playing players out of position, odd subs etc.  They understand they have key injuries and that senior players are doing shite.  But there seems to be fuck all leadership on the pitch or any philosophy in their playing style.  One of them said you don't sack someone with the credentials and replace him with Potter who's record shows at Brighton they went on several double digit beaten runs.  At one point last season Brighton fans wanted him out.

The amount of little kids wearing Stone Island clobber these days is fucking hilarious. Not least because it must be galling to the adult wannabe hooligans wearing it 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

The amount of little kids wearing Stone Island clobber these days is fucking hilarious. Not least because it must be galling to the adult wannabe hooligans wearing it 

Including MF 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I regularly see young lads in those weird CP (?) tops with the goggles at the match and it's comical but I suppose any kind of hooligan is comical. 

Watch the match, have a pint, go home. Easy as that :lol: 

• Haha 1