Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Yeah, I might be one of the few who actually thinks that, as much as Carragher and Neville do come out with some shite, they offer a lot more insight into the game and their careers than most other pundits. I find Monday Night Football a decent watch when I get the chance. 

He's obviously over-reacted, but the bloke provoking him has a lot of questions to answer too. Especially not seeming to give a shit that his daughter's just been spat on. He's more bothered about getting Carragher into trouble even then. They've suspended him now, which is probably the right move from their part to let it die down. Hopefully they'll bring him back in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Remember being there and the Antwerp fans being good crack and singing "All we are saying, is give us a goal" to the tune Lennon's Give Peace a Chance.

I took my Dad to this for a treat right next to their fans, they were fucking blotto, obviously been in the toon all day game meaningless but had a laugh. One got hoisted up on his pals shoulders running down the steps in the corner of the east stand/leazes risking hospitalisation where both fans were singing the Albert song at him as he was the spitting dabs of him. :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

Yeah, I might be one of the few who actually thinks that, as much as Carragher and Neville do come out with some shite, they offer a lot more insight into the game and their careers than most other pundits. I find Monday Night Football a decent watch when I get the chance. 

Totally agree, and it's very odd given how much I disliked Neville as a player and dislike him as a person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adios said:

Not like him to be sanctimonious like.  

Nowt sanctimonious about it and it’s a view widely shared. If a teacher, nurse or copper was caught on camera doing that they would be at the dole office in a matter of weeks. I’m hardly jealous :lol:

I find it hard to fathom how that’s a natural reaction to getting some gip about a football result. He can’t even claim he was pissed. He’s a scruffy cunt. 

Not like folks to be contrary on here either if we are playing playing that game ;)

Edited by Kid Dynamite

It’s mad that a grown bloke would spit at someone imo. It would probably be the last on my list of things to do if someone wound me up. 

Dont particularly want him sacked or even give a shite either way, but it’s such an odd way to react.

Just now, adios said:

I have always found the act of gobbing on someone a bit weird now that you mention it. :lol:  

Isn’t it? It’s usually people who are borderline mongs who spit at people. We had a kid at school who wore a helmet and he used to spit at people

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Course I do, in my mind it's only about eight or nine years ago. :lol:

Just got to the top of the stairs in the ground to see the first one go in. 

Coppers were putting on buses from the city centre to the ground but they looked suspiciously like paddy wagons so we declined - then couldn't get a taxi for ages. 

Excellent trip overall. 

5 minutes ago, strawb said:

Isn’t it? It’s usually people who are borderline mongs who spit at people. We had a kid at school who wore a helmet and he used to spit at people

It's not that odd, tbf. A good friend of mine used to spit at women. Well when I say 'good friend' I mean my pet one eyed snake. :ok:

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's not that odd, tbf. A good friend of mine used to spit at women. Well when I say 'good friend' I mean my pet one eyed snake. :ok:

Did you used to write for Viz?

9 hours ago, strawb said:

This is the bit im struggling to fathom. I appreciate my initial response was in keeping with a lot of the hysteria online, but to those saying one mistake doesn’t define him as a person, I feel it’s to the contrary, it absolutely defines him as a person. I went to school with borderline learning disabled charvers who used to spit in people’s faces if they were having a row. 

I’ve also never liked him since he went faux Tony Soprano in his autobiography about getting his mates to break someone’s legs 

What we know is that he's been caught out at least once spitting at people giving him stick.Similar to an athlete being caught using drugs for the first time.Was this his preferred choice of retaliation to a little verbal abuse.

When Quinn was spat at by makems wheh he was leaving Joker Park with his family he hadn't been involved in any altercation.