Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Does anyone get any pleasure from watching England anymore? I can’t stand half the players, the officials, the media and the hype surrounding them. I completely understand why the Scottish, Irish and Welsh enjoy watching us exit major tournaments in increasingly hilarious fashion.

I’ve felt this way for years about football in general and England in particular. The media hype in particular is moronic

4 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

He was born in Germany right :D

Nah, he was born in Maryland, USA.

Stephen Decatur, US Naval officer who said;  "Our country - in her intercourse with foreign nations,  may she always be in the right,  and always successful......right or wrong"

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Noelie said:

Nah, he was born in Maryland, USA.

Stephen Decatur, US Naval officer who said;  "Our country - in her intercourse with foreign nations,  may she always be in the right,  and always successful......right or wrong"

Fair enough, I'm getting it mixed up as your original post said "My country, right or wrong"  later attributed to Carl Schurz 1872.

But your fella said it first  :icon_lol:

( google is great isn't it ) 

16 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Does anyone get any pleasure from watching England anymore? I can’t stand half the players, the officials, the media and the hype surrounding them. I completely understand why the Scottish, Irish and Welsh enjoy watching us exit major tournaments in increasingly hilarious fashion.

It's always a win - win situation watching England, if we win, get in, something to be happy about, we might have a chance blah blah blah ! 

But when we inevitably get beat or knocked out, I'm gutted but over it in five minutes or less  :icon_lol: 

When Newcastle get beat it can often take me days to get over it and those days are normally pissed off days :D

I agree with you about the media hype surrounding England, but that's just the normal behaviour for the English press, build something/ someone up then kick the fuckers when down. It's the English way. 

27 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Actually i just read "Karma" is a brand name ! 

So you may well be right   " Unfortunate coincidence " 

You honestly thought Topman were knowingly stocking a shirt referring to Hillsborough as karma? :lol:   

Just now, Tdansmith said:

No, I thought they made a mistake, just like thousands of people who complained about it.

:lol: You said you didn't think it was a coincidence about two posts ago. Citing an article that you obviously hadn't read as evidence for that.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

:lol: You said you didn't think it was a coincidence about two posts ago. Citing an article that you obviously hadn't read as evidence for that.

Yeah, then i read up on it and realised i was wrong.  I said as much my very next post 2 mins later.

But feel free to ridicule me at every opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Yeah, then i read up on it and realised i was wrong.  I said as much my very next post 2 mins later.

But feel free to ridicule me at every opportunity. 

Yeah but you were denying that you'd originally thought that. FFS, this is hard work :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

:icon_lol: well I'm sorry about that. 

You don't have to be sorry. Just like there's really no need to go down the route of playing the victim over next to fuck all. I was just pointing out the obvious contradiction in what you said and giving you a mild ribbing about it. Quite how that makes me a keyboard warrior is beyond me. Tbh I'd barely noticed you before the parrot murderer arrived then fucked off

• Haha 2