Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

To be honest I can't be bothered with The Times podcast, the Independent podcast, or the Totally Football show either. All spend most of their time talking about the same teams, raking over the same trash tabloid stories. I don't care about Mourinho's latest outburst, or if Arsenal fans want Wenger out this week or not.

Prefer Football Ramble, and Not the Top 20.

The Football Ramble and On The Continent are consistently the best two pods going for me. Don't quite take themselves as seriously as the others do and are far better for it. the TFS has such a range of pundits that sometimes its really good but others its just shite. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know Andy Brassell quite well as it happens. He's married to a lass I went to school with.

Tell him I like him, I'm sure it'll make his day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

The Football Ramble and On The Continent are consistently the best two pods going for me. Don't quite take themselves as seriously as the others do and are far better for it. the TFS has such a range of pundits that sometimes its really good but others its just shite. 

Aye that about sums up TFS. I can’t remember if it was that or another one but they had a mackem lad on recently (not Wilson who is always interesting on podcasts) who I guess played some games in the lower leagues and he kept interrupting everyone to basically remind them of it :lol:.

He came out with a shite story about how someone he played with started on Roy Keane, talked about how the best part of his day as a youth player was the group bath at the end of training, and ended with his tip for which game to watch at the weekend as some really obscure semi pro tie. You could tell Rafa Honigstein had no idea how to react to him. 

Just checked and it was Michael Cox. 

Edited by Howay

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye that about sums up TFS. I can’t remember if it was that or another one but they had a mackem lad on recently (not Wilson who is always interesting on podcasts) who I guess played some games in the lower leagues and he kept interrupting everyone to basically remind them of it :lol:.

He came out with a shite story about how someone he played with started on Roy Keane, talked about how the best part of his day as a youth player was the group bath at the end of training, and ended with his tip for which game to watch at the weekend as some really obscure semi pro tie. You could tell Rafa Honigstein had no idea how to react to him. 

Oh oh it was Michael Cox. 

It was David Preece, who I don't mind too much usually but aye that particular story got away from him a bit.

Hongisteins a bit of a knob as well mind, him and Laurens are good examples of people who live in bubbles and just don't understand normal football fandom anymore, Rafa struggled last week to get close to understanding that idea that performing well and finishing higher up the league if you aren't neccessarily going to win it actually matters to people who support teams that don't just always win the league like his team do. 

Cox, Wilson, Horncastle, the opta guy and the finances guy are all good, finance guy particularly offers something no one else does in that he understands how agents/transfers/takeovers etc work. Seems to think theres a good shout of us being bought this summer and that absolutely no one wants anywhere near sunderland, so I like him. Always liked Iain Macintosh as well but he doesn't appear on the regular TFS anymore as he does the football league show

Aye, agreed on Honigstein that particular argument was really weird. 

Its the first time I’ve heard that Preece tbh, the mackem accent really grates on me so he was already on thin ice then his craic on that particular episode was rancid. 

Fully agree about the ramble and OTC as well, I like that they don’t take it too seriously. 

We come up quite a bit, even when we're not a car-wreck. They do seem to try and balance how often they talk about the big clubs, whereas the other pods will happily spend ten minutes talking about Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal every fucking episode.

Whenever you see players or managers talking at a game now they're doing it behind their hands. 

Are they seriously that fucking bothered about the cameras picking up on 'Yeh Paul let's move Dave into the centre' ffs

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Whenever you see players or managers talking at a game now they're doing it behind their hands. 

Are they seriously that fucking bothered about the cameras picking up on 'Yeh Paul let's move Dave into the centre' ffs

Aye, Lee Ryder had the same bother when he hired a lip reader to see what Schteve was saying a while back. 

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

There was an interview i watched recently and someone asked the lad (think it was eric dier/some other spurs player) and they said "tbh it's not to hide what we're saying it just makes it louder/easier to hear with all the noise around if you cup your hand"

:lol:

Aye of course it is. Of course it's easier to hear what someone is saying if they have their hand over their mouth. Fucking douche. 

Fair play to Accrington Stanley for getting promoted to league one.

On a completely unrelated note who remembers in 2009 when "A Love Supreme" made T shirts detailing the dates of our fixtures with Peterborough? :lol: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

Aye of course it is. Of course it's easier to hear what someone is saying if they have their hand over their mouth. Fucking douche. 

It's easier to hear someone talk to you in a club if you plug your ear with a finger

Have you seen the survey? It's maybe 5 or 6 questions, ranking the players, the manager and even the fans, out of 10. Entirely worthless exercise.