Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Explain to me what's different?

Tottenham's Son played 90 minutes against ManUre on Sunday then flew out to play 87 minutes in South Korea's 3rd game in the Asia cup. He missed the first 2 games.

How come our Ki had to leave early and miss our games but not South Korea's?

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Their Durham training ground was private land. At Chester le Street they trained on council playing fields open to the public

So private you could go along whenever you like without interruption. It's owned by the Uni ffs.

5 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Tottenham's Son played 90 minutes against ManUre on Sunday then flew out to play 87 minutes in South Korea's 3rd game in the Asia cup. He missed the first 2 games.

I’m guessing it’s because he already missed a number of Spurs games playing for his country and Ki didn’t.

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Their Durham training ground was private land. At Chester le Street they trained on council playing fields open to the public

Well if we are being pedantic the NUFC training pitch was part of the Riverside sports complex. The reserves trained on the council playing fields. My point stands, many clubs train in full view of passers by. I don't see the issue

12 hours ago, Noelie said:

Because Son, Tottenham and the South Korean National team had an agreement where Son played and helped SK win the Asian Games last year (and in turn eliminating his National Service obligations) and then wouldn't be called up to the National team until absolutely needed.

It's well documented as Tottenham made a big deal about it at the time as Son had just signed a new, better deal and if SK hadn't won the Asian Games Spurs were going to lose him for up to 18 months as he did his national service - in SK men have to have served their time or won a championship of note with the national team by a certain age which Son reaches this year. And if they don't do either it is a gaolable offense.

Ki did not have such agreement and he is captain of the national team so he was called into the squad earlier.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Is this a “mea culpa”  from Bielsa, possibly to avert a hearing at the FA/EFL, with a subsequent points deduction in the offing?... :unsure:

Imagine Leeds missing out on promotion because of cheating :lol:

Have they cheated though?  Is there any rules on it?

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

Hmmmmm...

Only got the first two paragraphs since Im not paying for it.

So that is only intended to punish the attacking team?