Brighton v Newcastle 24/09/2017

The Fish

Score?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brighton v Newcastle - live on Sky Sports Premier League, Nissan Super Sunday, 4pm

I know it's only five games but Newcastle have done superbly to get into the top four - not many people saw that coming!

Their fans will be full of confidence and looking for another win but Brighton make it difficult for opponents at the Amex. Man City were made to work hard and West Brom were dispatched 3-1.

A draw would be a good result for the visitors, they should take that all day long.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/2)

To be honest I agree with "Magic Man"

1-1

Aye, we're away so a point will do. Having said that, this lot were never keen on playing us last season, we went there the last time and Diame magic'd the ball into the net out of nothing and their backline was dangerously exposed last Friday with a bit of pace and trickery from Ibe. I expect Knockaert to throw himself but I don't think he got past Dummett once in the two games last year and Mbemba is more intelligent than him so I'll settle for 4-0 nowt to us at half time.

Brighton will see this as a match they must win.

We will hopefully frustrate them in the first 20 mins as they go all out attack, then hit them on the break and score.

Their heads will go down, we'll score a second early doors in the second half to kill the game off then add a third late on.

or we will get a lucky 1-0 win :icon_lol:

I'd settle for either.   

I see this as a definitely winnable game.

However, historically we have proved time and time again we can shoot ourselves in the foot, trip over our own feet, in what should be a relatively easy match.

Hughton will want this win badly to send a message to Ashley.

The only way I see Brighton getting something is if they've 1) added someone awesome to their team over the summer that has just passed me by or 2) Hughton learns from previous mistakes in playing against us and looks to stifle us while snatching a goal (i.e. our own approach)

Even if they do the latter, we're better drilled at it than they are.

3 hours ago, Noelie said:

I see this as a definitely winnable game.

However, historically we have proved time and time again we can shoot ourselves in the foot, trip over our own feet, in what should be a relatively easy match.

Hughton will want this win badly to send a message to Ashley.

As long as we have  Rafa, Hughton's message to Ashley is no more than a fart in the wind no matter what happens.

Brighton fans seem pretty confident of a win

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?356506-**-BHA-v-Newcastle-**-Premier-League-Score-Predictor-Now-in-its-7th-SEASON-!!

56.44% of them going for the home win, but most think it will be tight which ever way it goes. 76% think the goal difference will be <1.5.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Brighton fans seem pretty confident of a win

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?356506-**-BHA-v-Newcastle-**-Premier-League-Score-Predictor-Now-in-its-7th-SEASON-!!

56.44% of them going for the home win, but most think it will be tight which ever way it goes. 76% think the goal difference will be <1.5.

Most West ham, Swansea and Stoke fans thought they'd beat us as well. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I'm worried about complacency.

It doesn't matter at all if we're complacent. We just have to call it as we see it ;)

The only way our 'complacency' could be a problem is if you happened to be someone who frequently visited message boards for other teams, in the hope of initiating dialogue, and found yourself hamstrung by association with the delusional bunch of tossers back on TT :D

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It doesn't matter at all if we're complacent. We just have to call it as we see it ;)

The only way our 'complacency' could be a problem is if you happened to be someone who frequently visited message boards for other teams, in the hope of initiating dialogue, and found yourself hamstrung by association with the delusional bunch of tossers back on TT :D

I thought it was implicit that it was the players' complacency I was worried about, not the arseholes on here.