Brighton v Newcastle 24/09/2017

The Fish

Score?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It doesn't matter at all if we're complacent. We just have to call it as we see it ;)

The only way our 'complacency' could be a problem is if you happened to be someone who frequently visited message boards for other teams, in the hope of initiating dialogue, and found yourself hamstrung by association with the delusional bunch of tossers back on TT :D

I thought it was implicit that it was the players' complacency I was worried about, not the reactionary arseholes on here.

Edited by The Fish

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Don’t think we were ever complacent last season and every fucker wanted to beat us then. Results dropped at the end through tired legs, I’d say

I think there were a few games where we were complacent. Blackburn at home and Rotherham away off the top of my head.

Way I see it, we've a very young squad, we're 4th when everyone thought we'd struggle, we're getting praise in the media, Brighton are arguably the weakest opposition we'll face in the league and we've won 3 on the bounce. 

18 minutes ago, ToonMarshy said:

At least 1 penalty for brighton in this. Mitro banned whilst in the stands for staring at a pigeon with 'probable intent'

Andre fucking Marriner's officiating as well.

53 minutes ago, ToonMarshy said:

At least 1 penalty for brighton in this. Mitro banned whilst in the stands for staring at a pigeon with 'probable intent'

He'd get charged with starting a coo. 

I'll get my coat

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

I think there were a few games where we were complacent. Blackburn at home and Rotherham away off the top of my head.

Way I see it, we've a very young squad, we're 4th when everyone thought we'd struggle, we're getting praise in the media, Brighton are arguably the weakest opposition we'll face in the league and we've won 3 on the bounce. 

I wasn't at Rotherham away so can't really say much about that but I'd wager it was a League One side (in essence) raising their game against Newcastle United, only to get seen off. I was at the Blackburn game though and I remember it being a rotated back four, Gamez going off knackered after about 20 minutes and us squandering about 4 good chances before they got the free kick. You can throw plenty of criticisms at our players but taking teams lightly isn't one, I'd reckon.

My starting lineup for Brighton would be,

Elliot

Yedlin       Lascells      Clark      Gamez

Hayden

Ritchie       Merino     Shelvey      Atsu

Joselu

Now pick that one apart, as you will.

19 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Elliot

Hayden

Joselu

Not a million miles away from what I'd like to see. I think mbemba will start ahead of gamez given he wasn't even on the bench last week.

id like to see hayden, merino and shelvey in the same side but I doubt Rafa is going to change the system that has seen us win three on the trot. 

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Elliot

Hayden

Joselu

[Terry-Thomas] By jove, do you mind if I tinkle with your starting lineup? I find it rather un-English. I mean, someone's got to draw the line somewhere, hasn't one?[/Terry-Thomas]

Elliot

Yedlin       LeJuene     Clark      Mbemba

Merino       Hayden

Ritchie           Perez                   Atsu

Lascelles

Edited by LooneyToony

3 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

[Terry-Thomas] By jove, do you mind if I tinkle with your starting lineup? I find it rather un-English. I mean, someone's got to draw the line somewhere, hasn't one?[/Terry-Thomas]

LeJuene                

Still on the treatment table.