Freddy Shepherd

Tom

48 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The way in which Sir Bobby was treated towards the end tarnished what Shepherd did for the club for me.

Shepherd allowing Paul Stretford to employ Freddys son Kenny on company premises was as bent as Carr only using one French agency. That's how the likes of a fat and finished Kluivert ended up at sjp. Brought in above Sir Bobs head too.  Not going to lie I hated him for what happened to SBR but he had more ambition in his little finger than Ashley has ever had for us. His type saw what Murdoch and sugar were going to do with sky early on (that's basically why the  magpie group came into being)  and thought they'd fill their boots in the 90s too, as well as mostly backing keegan to the hilt to produce the best side in English football history that didn't win a title. Good times. 

RIP. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nice to see the likes of Shearer and Rooney pay their respects. Michael Owen, the man to whom Freddy gave his most lucrative playing contract, didn't acknowledge his passing and spent the day tweeting about himself.

Don't get Rooney's association with Shepherd like.

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Got him his move to Man Utd

By lodging a bid for Rooney to open the door for Man Utd? I thought that story was just people trying to sound ITK? 

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nice to see the likes of Shearer and Rooney pay their respects. Michael Owen, the man to whom Freddy gave his most lucrative playing contract, didn't acknowledge his passing and spent the day tweeting about himself.

I don't think I've disliked a footballer more than Michael Owen. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Don't get Rooney's association with Shepherd like.

Its Rooneys agent(s) Kenny Shepherd working for Paul Stretford in an office at sjp at the time when we put the bid in that stinks the place out. Nothing official but Fergie was quoted at the time " och  well we couldnae let a player of his talent join Newcastle jings hoots mon the noo " ..... :glare:

Edited by PaddockLad

30 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

He's certainly up there for me. Can't think of too many who'd be ahead of him in the list of people I'd like to see publically humiliated. From lording it over some 13yr old 'keeper to rubbing his hands against us, to the way he was with us, his helicopter tour video and now his punditry.

Actually is he still doing punditry or has he been benched?

39 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

As has been said before on here his apparent disdain for our fans was obviously intentional given how media savvy he was / is

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

As has been said before on here his apparent disdain for our fans was obviously intentional given how media savvy he was / is

Aye, he was also one of those players that took zero personal accountability for the relegation (despite all the sitters he missed that would have won us games) and thought he was fucking class. He clearly felt his view was validated when he went to watch Man Utd win stuff from pitch side seats. Little shitbag. 

9 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, he was also one of those players that took zero personal accountability for the relegation (despite all the sitters he missed that would have won us games) and thought he was fucking class. He clearly felt his view was validated when he went to watch Man Utd win stuff from pitch side seats. Little shitbag. 

He was dead off-hand with the fans and the club well before we went down as well. We were treated as a vehicle for getting him right for the World Cup so it's appropriate that tournament basically finished his career and, with him being on England duty, meant that we got compensation from the FA. The little cunt. Ant and I used to argue about him and Martins with me being in Owen's camp and him in Martins' and we basically both came round to the same way of thinking, i.e. them both being pisstaking wastes of space.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

He's certainly up there for me. Can't think of too many who'd be ahead of him in the list of people I'd like to see publically humiliated. From lording it over some 13yr old 'keeper to rubbing his hands against us, to the way he was with us, his helicopter tour video and now his punditry.

and this shite.  

11t9buo.jpg