Newcastle vs Liverpool

LooneyToony

Goals Newcastle Score  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Newcastle vs Liverpool

Sunday @ 11 am est  8 am PST :razz:

Are we going to see a change upfront for this game?  I think we're going to see Rafa stick with Joselu just as a way of saying 'I've not lost my confidence in you, boy.  Yet'.

Finally get Shelvy in there with Merino at home? Why not?

My brain is telling me draw or loss, but my heart is hoping for a 2-1 win.

Liverpool are excellent going forward but we are well organised so may prove tricky for them.

We're also, for the first time in many years, effective from set pieces and they're shit at defending them.

Not going in with expectations but we could well get something from this game.

I think this will be a showdown for Rafa's abilities as a man in charge facing his former team.

I think he will have to start with players who can nullify Liverpool's attacking capabilities.

I think we need to control the midfield to blunt their forward movement and the service to their strikers.

I think they have a weak defense which we should capitalize on.

Oh, if Rafa starts Perez against Liverpool, I'll lose some faith in him.

Edited by Noelie
  • Like 1

Not beyond us to get something from this and Liverpool have found it hard to take their chances. But if the dream team of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah are all on the pitch then I fear they'll be able to win this one 2-0 or 3-1. First time I've actually got a prediction in this season, though, and have gone 1-1 there.

I know it's nowt to do with the match tomorrow, did anyone read The Mag today ?

Apparently some Chinese investors want to "but" the club :icon_lol:  We already have someone doing that thanks.

A week ago The Times reported that a number of parties had signed non-disclosure agreements with Mike Ashley, allowing them to examine the club’s books, ahead of making offers for Newcastle United.

The newspaper claimed this was a follow on from earlier talks in the summer with Chinese investors, keen to but the club.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2017/09/chinese-consortium-sign-non-disclosure-ahead-offer-newcastle-united-report/