Harvey Weinstein

Park Life

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Having read her interview he's definitely in the wrong like. She's a fucking idiot too mind...

Is that really that surprising though? 

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not at all - but he doesn't seem to be denying her account or the text messages etc.

His response isn't necessarily denying anything other than that everything seemed fine

In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.

The next day, I got a text from her saying that although “it may have seemed okay,” upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said.

I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.

Is it her story that doesn't line up in that case? From "upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable" to apparently saying no and trying to stop him several times.

To me Ansari comes across as a bit shit at dating and at sex but not a lot more to me.

If you're texting a bloke for two weeks, go on a date in which he's apparently clearly rushing to get you back home and you go and then put your lips on his knob hes not that far wrong in assuming you're into it.

People are already on at Netflix to cancel his shows etc. this is it, this is where you can now go on a date, have it not be very good and end up losing your entire career. This isn't Weinstein or what happened to Eliza Dushku. 

Who the fuck is going to babe.net with their allegations of sexual assault? 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The fingers down the throat thing is a bit weird like.

So is blowing a bloke you have absolutely no desire to have sex with for absolutely no benefit.

the fingers in the mouth thing is weird, but he hasn't committed any crimes other than being horny and a bit full on. he wouldn't have tried it on with her if she hadn't gone back to his apartment and if she hadn't sucked him off, he may not have continued to try and take things further. according to her account, when she asked him to stop, he did. he obviously hasn't read the situation very well but she's also sent some mixed signals. i've got a bit of sympathy for the guy here. 

Aye, sucking off a bloke, twice, and then accusing him of sexual assault is bit off like

Clearly the scales need to be rebalanced when it comes to consent between men and women. The last 20 years of lads mags, LAD culture, Geordie Shore and the like don’t help in teaching young lads to respect women. Cosby, Weinstein et al have gotten away with murder for years 

But we also don’t want to swing too far the other way where every bitter lass can start chucking out rape allegations on a whim 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Just now, Rayvin said:

I think there's enough here to qualify all of you as rampant misogynists as far as the SJWs are concerned tbh. I'm not even joking.

Im starting to wonder about you, you know

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Im starting to wonder about you, you know

In what sense?

I actually think the feminists might have a point about this one. May as well have an actual fucking line in the sand that everyone understands. Would cause far less grief.

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In what sense?

I actually think the feminists might have a point about this one. May as well have an actual fucking line in the sand that everyone understands. Would cause far less grief.

In that one, they don't have a point at all.

People getting their feet back on the ground and acting like proper adults with personal responsibility expected if you're old enough to legally fuck would cause far less grief.

Thing is, it sounds like he would've stopped if she'd said 'stop' at any point. I can recall the odd occasion where you go through the motions a because you're in that situation and it's less embarrassing than owning up to the fact you really don't want to be there. That was my fault not theirs though. I know it's different for a bloke but at the same time I don't think there's any suggestion she felt physically threatened. Going public with it feels a bit out of order because I'm not sure he did much wrong. She's making an issue out of not getting to choose the wine back at his :lol: It's fucking lucky he's famous from his point of view if that's his 'technique' like.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Thing is, it sounds like he would've stopped if she'd said 'stop' at any point. I can recall the odd occasion where you go through the motions a because you're in that situation and it's less embarrassing than owning up to the fact you really don't want to be there. That was my fault not theirs though. I know it's different for a bloke but at the same time I don't think there's any suggestion she felt physically threatened. Going public with it feels a bit out of order because I'm not sure he did much wrong. She's making an issue out of not getting to choose the wine back at his :lol:It's fucking lucky he's famous from his point of view if that's his 'technique' like.

Blessing and a curse, if he wasn't then she'd probably just be ignoring his texts today.

The Guardian is running with this narrative, it seems clear that the legitimate socio-political capital generated by the campaign in its early stages will be used to push forward a number of other items on 3rd wave feminism's wishlist:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/17/young-women-react-metoo-dating-female-writers-discuss-panel-aziz-ansari-cat-person

Consent will require an enthusiastic "Yes" when they're done, I would imagine.

If this is what we need to do for women to feel safe, I guess this is what we need to do.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian is running with this narrative, it seems clear that the legitimate socio-political capital generated by the campaign in its early stages will be used to push forward a number of other items on 3rd wave feminism's wishlist:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/17/young-women-react-metoo-dating-female-writers-discuss-panel-aziz-ansari-cat-person

Consent will require an enthusiastic "Yes" when they're done, I would imagine.

If this is what we need to do for women to feel safe, I guess this is what we need to do.

It won't because in losing focus and venturing in their current direction a lot of people who would typically agree with the core principle will be alienated and the #meToo movement will fade into nothing.

An enthusiastic yes is already not enough because it can be withdrawn(retroactively in some cases) with a non-verbal no.

The problem with that view is that you're basically saying 3rd wave feminism isn't actually working in the interests of women by pushing on this. Which I would have to then ask you, what you think it's working towards? You think they're just misguided? I mean this isn't random people on Twitter, this is the Guardian.