Harvey Weinstein

Park Life

The woman who kicked off the whole thing against Weinstain, Asia Argento... turns out that she may allegedly be an abuser herself:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

She paid off her victim to the tune of $380k for silence - a barely 17 year old musician/actor (she was 37 at the time) who she assaulted in a hotel room. Age of consent in the state is 18. He seems to have suffered lasting mental trauma from this, according to the article.

Anyway, I eagerly await the Guardian's coverage of this.

EDIT - Interview with her in the Guardian a year ago: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/19/more-pigs-will-be-revealed-asia-argento-on-life-after-accusing-weinstein-of

"More pigs will be revealed"

Oh dear.

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bit weird on her part.

Although I'd have banged her for free at 17, $300k is a proper bonus 

Seems he looked at her as a mother figure though...

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So would a 17 year old shagging a 37 year old here be traumatised cos it's legal here? 

It doesn't said he shagged her, it said she assaulted him. I don't know quite what that is meant to mean. But if the 17 year old in question had been coerced or forced, then I guess so.

Just now, Rayvin said:

It doesn't said he shagged her, it said she assaulted him. I don't know quite what that is meant to mean. But if the 17 year old in question had been coerced or forced, then I guess so.

:lol: Sounds like he just wanted an easy lump sum, the milf hunting little shit

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

"Bennett says in the notice that he had sex with Argento in a California hotel in 2013"

19 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

"Bennett says in the notice that he had sex with Argento in a California hotel in 2013"

I see, I forgot that it's not statutory rape when the victim is male. Ok then.

Either way, if the victim was female we'd be calling this out as terrible I expect. On the basis that girls can't enjoy sex when they're 17 and boys can, I guess. Progressive thinking right there.

Mostly though, it's interesting that she was one of the 'pigs' who was exposed.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I see, I forgot that it's not statutory rape when the victim is male. Ok then.

Either way, if the victim was female we'd be calling this out as terrible I expect. On the basis that girls can't enjoy sex when they're 17 and boys can, I guess. Progressive thinking right there.

Mostly though, it's interesting that she was one of the 'pigs' who was exposed.

Not sure about terrible seeing as they are 17, I’m not applauding it and think it’s a bit dodgy but to put your mind at rest it isn’t as bad as sexual assault against a clearly unwilling person regardless of age. I know you’re desperate to prove women are just as bad as men when it comes to sexual assault. And that men have every right to be dominant yada yada genetics or some other bollocks yada yada.

$380,000 is a weird payoff, mind. 

You’d expect to be dealing in increments of $50k, would you not? 

Was the $20k taken off because he jizzed on her hair or something? 

Also, whatever your view on this, it shouldn’t deflect any attention whatsoever from the fact Weinstein is a vile cunt of the worst kind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not sure about terrible seeing as they are 17, I’m not applauding it and think it’s a bit dodgy but to put your mind at rest it isn’t as bad as sexual assault against a clearly unwilling person regardless of age. I know you’re desperate to prove women are just as bad as men when it comes to sexual assault. And that men have every right to be dominant yada yada genetics or some other bollocks yada yada.

The fuck?

I'm not desperate to prove anything. The numbers are fucking clearly stacked against men on this.

I'm just pointing out that she's a hypocrite and a "pig". I also do feel that in a society where gender roles are being eliminated by progressive values, that young men should be considered as vulnerable as young women, at least in the eyes of the people pushing that line of thought.

You really have the wrong idea about me mate. It's kind of annoying tbh. My issue is with narratives and bullshit. I will happily fight the corner of any group with the statistical backing of data and research to support the underlying point about the issue. 

I posted this because it's a kick in the balls for a prevailing narrative, not because i feel like it makes the world an equal place as far as sexual assaults go.

Because I'm not wedded to any particular line of ideological nonsense, i feel relatively free to do this.

• Like 1