Harvey Weinstein

Park Life

On 13/10/2017 at 10:13 AM, Park Life said:

Like how all these women waited till the twilight of their careers to blow the whistle. Some of the 'A' list men stars don't come out of it well either. HW's behavior is more commonplace in Hollywood than the media (who also kept mostly schtum) would have us believe.

The women who you are talking about are now rich.

I wonder why they didn't complain about him when they were unknown.

41 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

The women who you are talking about are now rich.

I wonder why they didn't complain about him when they were unknown.

Probably because they wanted to continue to pursue careers that they'd dedicated significant amounts of their lives too mate. While I think there's plenty of room for criticism of the Hollywood establishment here because clearly, enough of the power players knew this was happening, I don't think the women involved in being abused should be considered in a negative light for when they chose to come forward.

Weinstein sounds likes a guy who has never been told no, reaching the natural outlying points of unchecked power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

10 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

The Oscars have expelled him, I can't remember the court case but he must be guilty.

I assume you also didn’t have a problem with Sunderland playing Johnson up until the guilty plea?

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I assume you also didn’t have a problem with Sunderland playing Johnson up until the guilty plea?

That was totally different, Sunderland knew he was guilty so yes I did have a problem with that. 

Did you not understand that ? 

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And you believe that Weinstein mightn’t be guilty? That all these women got together and decided to make up allegations for no reason?

No absolutely not, i believe he's 100% guilty.  A proper creep. I just can't feel sorry for them as they have waited until they are rich and famous to come forward. What ever he did to them being rich and famous was more important.   

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

No absolutely not, i believe he's 100% guilty.  A proper creep. I just can't feel sorry for them as they have waited until they are rich and famous to come forward. What ever he did to them being rich and famous was more important.   

So because they've suffered in silence they deserve no sympathy? Wow. 

7 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

So what was your issue with him being expelled from the Oscars?

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

So because they've suffered in silence they deserve no sympathy? Wow. 

They will no doubt get lots of comfort when they check out their bank account and disguise their suffering on the red carpet to their movie premier .

6 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

They will no doubt get lots of comfort when they check out their bank account and disguise their suffering on the red carpet to their movie premier .

Ah so it's their putting a brave face on that you have the problem with. You prefer your sex crime victims to be visibly damaged

Ah so it's their putting a brave face on that you have the problem with. You prefer your sex crime victims to be visibly damaged

Absolutely not, i prefer sex crime victims to report the sex crime as soon as it's happened not 20 years later when rich and famous.

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Ah ok. Deserved it then.

What ?  How the hell do you come to that conclusion ? 

My point is and it's my only point, they kept the sex crime quiet as their career in the movies was more important. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What has this rich and famous thing got to do with anything? There are more victims who aren’t rich and famous.

They never came forward because they had a chance of being rich and famous. Their career in the movies was more important. 

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

What ?  How the hell do you come to that conclusion ? 

My point is and it's my only point, they kept the sex crime quiet as their career in the movies was more important. 

Imagine not wanting to jeapordise a movie career. Selfish bitches. Bet they had short skirts on at the time too.

Imagine not wanting to jeapordise a movie career. Selfish bitches. Bet they had short skirts on at the time too.

Ahhh sarcasm, nice one.

I'm sorry if my opinion is not PC . I still want this creep who clearly abused his power to get his punishment.