Harvey Weinstein

Park Life

On 15/10/2017 at 0:18 AM, Tdansmith said:

He has a CBE as well, PC England will no doubt chuck that in the bin.

I would suggest there's a better case for taking it away than there was for giving it in the first place.

On 15/10/2017 at 0:35 AM, Tdansmith said:

The women who you are talking about are now rich.

I wonder why they didn't complain about him when they were unknown.

Some of them did

Aye, think you're trying to look for wolves where there are none mate. I get why, because the faux outrage that surrounds the day to day 'issues' of the rich and famous are often trumped and and utilised for narrative pushing - but this one is the real deal, and I think solidarity needs to be shown with the victims, and changes need to be made so ensure that such appalling things don't happen in future.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

What a tit, having a go at a woman like that. 

The reaction of the bystanders couldn't be any more British like. Everyone's thinking, if we look away and pretend this isn't happening, maybe it'll stop soon. I hope it stops soon. 

17 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, think you're trying to look for wolves where there are none mate. I get why, because the faux outrage that surrounds the day to day 'issues' of the rich and famous are often trumped and and utilised for narrative pushing - but this one is the real deal, and I think solidarity needs to be shown with the victims, and changes need to be made so ensure that such appalling things don't happen in future.

FFS.  Stop making rational, coherent, sensible arguments here.  

• 4 weeks later...

More bluntly, the rumors are that C.K. masturbated in front of non-consenting women, most of them fellow comedians. In at least one instance, in front of two women at the Aspen Comedia Festival around 2008, he’s alleged to have blocked the door with his body, preventing them from leaving, until he ejaculated. 

The CK thing's been doing the rounds for ages, at least as a 'famous comedian' who it was an open secret was him.

Was hoping it would prove to be unfounded but you'd know just to look at him.  Dirty bastard.

Was just reading the Guardian's take on it. Apparently the guy (I'm not very familiar with his work) is a leading feminist as far as comedians go, and has regularly satirised the hypocrisy of men in their interactions with women. He has stated that men are the single greatest threat to women in the world :lol:

“How do women still go out with guys, when you consider the fact that there is no greater threat to women than men? We’re the number one threat! To women! Globally and historically, we’re the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. We’re the worst thing that ever happens to them!” He continued: “If you’re a guy, imagine you could only date a half-bear-half-lion. ‘Oh, I hope this one’s nice! I hope he doesn’t do what he’s going to do.’”

What a fucking charlatan.