Southampton vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

My lineup would be

Elliot,

Yedlin,  Lascelles,  Clark,  Manquillo, 

Ritchie,  Shelvey,  Merino,  Atsu,

Perez,

Gayle

Jesus wept Looney Toony, you on this Benitez kick with underwhelming Perez. :huh:

30 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Well, who do we put there? Diame is the only other choice with this formation. 

Could maybe put Merino there with Hayden in mid-field.  And actually I would prefer Diame to Perez if only for his energy.

22 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Could maybe put Merino there with Hayden in mid-field.  And actually I would prefer Diame to Perez if only for his energy.

Him who the captain tried to spark out for being a lazy shit?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Like 1

All this criticism of one of Rafas first names on the team sheet....from the same people who were wetting theimselves when the transfer window closed...will you fuckers show some fuckin faith in the manager for a fuckin minute? You saw the ransfer window, THATS why Perez plays every week. End of fuckin  story. 

• Like 1

I’d always prefer Perez over Diame, it’s now pretty clear Diame doesn’t just look like he’s being lazy.

As PL says Rafa is playing Perez for a reason, obviously mostly because the transfer window was a mess but also likely because Perez harries the opposition which is something Diame would never do. 

36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

All this criticism of one of Rafas first names on the team sheet....from the same people who were wetting theimselves when the transfer window closed...will you fuckers show some fuckin faith in the manager for a fuckin minute? You saw the ransfer window, THATS why Perez plays every week. End of fuckin  story. 

I here what you say, i just disagree Perez is simply not good enough

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm as critical of Ayoze as anyone at times but he isn't half-arsed 

Yes absolutely. Diame is starting to remind me of how lazy Sissoko was here. Perez is anything but lazy.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

My dear PaddockLad,  if you persist in the repeated use of fuckin, I insist you add the missing g or put the appropriate '  :)

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

My dear PaddockLad,  if you persist in the repeated use of fuckin, I insist you add the missing g or put the appropriate '  :)

Fuckin hell its the sweary punctuation police (Donald Trump division) :D

drink may have been taken when I posted that last night, but the point remains. The world and his wife can see what a better player in there could achieve, but that's not down to Perez,Diame or Rafa its down to Ashley. Rafa is dealing with the pack he's got, and he's dealing with it pretty well. There's bigger challenges to come, but it's been ok so I don't get the singling out of players due to lack of funds to bring their replacements in. 

Anyway, am off to Southampton later quietly confident, most likely a draw but we can shade this. As I pointed out pre season, outside the top 6 this division should hold no real fears for us. 

Edited by PaddockLad

We were crying out for a number 10 and didn't get one in the transfer window. That's true and isn't Rafa's fault.

Perez has been the weak link this season. We've carried him at times and it's a crucial position. If I were Rafa I'd be tempted to see if merino or Ritchie could do a job in there, maybe even Murphy. I assume he's keeping his place for his off the ball work because he's done fuck all with it at his feet. Zero goals and no assists that I can remember. 

Diame is gash. If he is going to start, it should be from deeper but he must be at least fourth choice in that position so I don't expect him to get much game time this season.

If you think Perez has been shite this season, you didn't watch him this time last year where he was absolutely fucking shite at home to the likes of Rotherham and Brentford. Far as I'm concerned, he's grafting, knitting things together better than he has been in ages and is learning to be a little shithouse to win free kicks in a position that probably isn't his. The idea that Ritchie should play there, when he's been setting up all of our goals from wide areas is a bit arse backward.

Aye I think Perez has done well, he is grafting his tits off every game and not hiding like he used to.

Always think it’s mad how people see different things from the same game like.

9 minutes ago, strawb said:

Aye I think Perez has done well, he is grafting his tits off every game and not hiding like he used to.

Always think it’s mad how people see different things from the same game like.

I think people just want to see more end product, even more so because we haven't got a prolific striker so could do with #10 chipping in more

42 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If you think Perez has been shite this season, you didn't watch him this time last year where he was absolutely fucking shite at home to the likes of Rotherham and Brentford. Far as I'm concerned, he's grafting, knitting things together better than he has been in ages and is learning to be a little shithouse to win free kicks in a position that probably isn't his. The idea that Ritchie should play there, when he's been setting up all of our goals from wide areas is a bit arse backward.

Ritchie in the middle is Glooms pet theory :lol:  

He's probably our most creative player. I don't see the case for not giving him a go behind the striker when we have options out wide in Murphy and Aarons and nee options at number 10 seemingly capable of doing anything other than grafting. Giv him a go there, if it doesn't work move him back out wide. No brainer 

or you could throw merino or shelvey in there, though I think shelvey is probably least suited of the lot to the role. 

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think people just want to see more end product, even more so because we haven't got a prolific striker so could do with #10 chipping in more

Yeah I get that but realistically he isn’t a world beater. He is clearly our best option in that position though.

Moving peoples positions is just square pegs and round holes imo. 

I think this is a good chance to beat these. We haven't done well in the past down there, but this team has a lot more grit than teams in our recent history.. I'd take a draw, but would love to be on 13 points at this stage of the season :nufc: