Southampton vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of positives to take from this, and before the game I'd have taken a point no question.

It will be interesting to see if Lejeune retains his spot after that penalty.

Great match tbf.

Lejeune looks very good in spite of that ridiculous tackle in the box.  Manquillo looks very comfortable on the left.

Just now, adios said:

Great match tbf.

Lejeune looks very good in spite of that ridiculous tackle in the box.  Manquillo looks very comfortable on the left.

Manquillo and Yedlin offer so much getting forward. Yedlin in attack was exceptional here though he's incredibly lucky to have finished the match.

Just now, OTF said:

Manquillo and Yedlin offer so much getting forward. Yedlin in attack was exceptional here though he's incredibly lucky to have finished the match.

Aye, how he didn't get sent off there I'll never know. :lol:   And I was critical of the ref giving them everything first half...

Agree, they're both excellent defensively and going forward right now.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Feels like 2 points dropped. Galling that Lejeune committed that foul, Long just booted the ball out of play and fell over 

I thought the ball might have been out when contact was made which would have made it interesting - too quick in real time admittedly. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I thought the ball might have been out when contact was made which would have made it interesting - too quick in real time admittedly. 

I wondered that at the time.  Clearly didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity.

I'll settle for the draw but so sad we didn't get the 3 points.

Lejuene must be very unhappy about the penalty,  and so am I, it was a careless challenge in the box.

I think one of our major problems is the up & down performances of some of our players, good one game, not so good the next.

Yedlin was much better against Liverpool.

No comment about Perez this week.

Joselu is not getting enough service.

4 minutes ago, adios said:

I wondered that at the time.  Clearly didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity.

They’re always annoying pens, it’s not really an equitable outcome to the situation. It’s like the one a few years ago against the mackems where the ball was 30 yards above anyone’s head and flew out of play and the red gave a pen for Williamson tugging someone’s shirt. Similar to ones where the player is running out the box, again all pens but frustrating as fuck none the less 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

They’re always annoying pens, it’s not really an equitable outcome to the situation. It’s like the one a few years ago against the mackems where the ball was 30 yards above anyone’s head and flew out of play and the red gave a pen for Williamson tugging someone’s shirt. Similar to ones where the player is running out the box, again all pens but frustrating as fuck none the less 

Aye, I actually thought at some point the rule was about goal scoring opportunities, but that was probably for the red card.

Just seen it was in play when the tackle was made btw.

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

I'll settle for the draw but so sad we didn't get the 3 points.

Lejuene must be very unhappy about the penalty,  and so am I, it was a careless challenge in the box.

I think one of our major problems is the up & down performances of some of our players, good one game, not so good the next.

Yedlin was much better against Liverpool.

No comment about Perez this week.

Joselu is not getting enough service.

Just to jog your memory, he scored an excellent tenacious goal. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Had a good game besides the goal as well, made a mug of Van Dijk on the way to almost setting up Joselu for a goal shortly before he scored himself. 

We're now officially a good side who are hard to beat. Really think we are not going to be in a relegation battle, but we're not going to be in Europe either. My priority would be to consolidate our league position and go all out in the FA cup. 

Edited by Renton

16 minutes ago, adios said:

Nonsense; that sexy investress is going to spend a billion in January for a late title push.

Finish the season with the MAG strike force of Messi, Aubemeyang, and Greizmann

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's why I made no comment as I'm not a fan of his. However it was a well taken second shot after his first one was blocked. At first I thought he was trying to put it across the goalmouth.

Anyone else agree that we're playing much better than last season despite not wining as much? We just look so solid and assured at this level. Agree with Renton. I've seen enough to confidently predict we'll be nowhere near the relegation scrap.