Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Could be a good time for him to sell, and for a new buyer to move in.. There's been rumours for ages of the likes of amazon / apple etc looking at premier league rights over the coming years.. I'd imagine if it happened it's going to increase the revenue for participating clubs.

I think Apple are more likely bidders than Facebook.

Anyway, I'm very wary of getting my hopes up for now. It seems a lot could rest on the Chinese Communist Party Congress which takes place tomorrow. If they relax laws on buying English football clubs, we'd likely be near the top of the list.

“That would allow for a period for serious interested parties to put themselves forward, for a diligence process to carry on, and then hopefully by Christmas for a sale to conclude with the sort of flexibility around terms we have discussed.

“If that weren’t possible then there is no desire to sell the club for any price to anyone. There is a lot of responsibility that goes with owning the football club so we would then look at that at the relevant time."

Statement surely written to flush out stalling buyers. No desire to sell the club for any price if not sold by Christmas, yet he wants the best for a club he can't fund or progress? The guy is a complete wanker. 

After years of Ashley trying (and succeeding in many cases) to make us believe we can never compete with the top whatever it is these days, I'm going to try and take this as positive news and hope we will in fact be rid of him by Christmas.  And by next season we'll still have Rafa managing some quality players and no Sports Direct free adverts cheapening the stadium. 

Just now, zerosum said:

Maybe you're right. Just going off Ed Woodward comments a while back.

Apple can integrate it into Apple TV, Amazon into Prime, Netflix into, well, Netflix. Facebook don't have a product for it. Not that that's to stop them building one with the wealth they have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

A mate sent me that.  I thought the whole Turk thing was a set up until I just went on the Chronicle site :D

The Turk thinks the toon is full of (north) eastern promise.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official