Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, trooper said:

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/thru-black-and-white-eyes-end-of-days-18-dec-17/

"The sticking points now appear to be the relegation clause Staveley is keen on"

"I’ve also been told alternatively that Ashley wants to retain control of the United merchandising as well as continue with advertising access around SJP"

Been told as in made up I would suggest. The other alternative bit of ITK info is just regurgitating something widely reported elsewhere. Either could be true but the author obviously knows about as much as the rest of us

Thanks for the update mate although dissapointing i can see  Stavely & PCP's point of view they dont want to pay top dollar for a club that at the minute looks like it could be relegated. Also adds a bit more pressure on Ashley to see if he spends in the window to protect their potential investment.

If Ashley genuinely wants to sell he has to spend in January to ensure survival. The other thing is that previous stories about Staveley underwriting any January business are apparently wide of the mark #analoliver

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

But I should add, the general message is positive. It will get done in other words, just not soon.

Stavely has the fat cunt in her pocket, it will get done only under her terms now man. The offer made while we were sitting well wasn't too much off what he was asking but now that the threat of relegation looms it throws things off completely. What a silly cunt he is :lol:

So it's all eyes on Ashley & what kind of a budget Rafa gets. I'd also imagine it'll have to be decent to please Rafa as him being at the club is a vital part of the Stavely PCP takeover. No Rafa no deal

I know its more important to us than it is to him as far as actually giving a shit about the club goes but I sort of like that Ashleys pissing about with this is now guaranteed to cost him some money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I know its more important to us than it is to him as far as actually giving a shit about the club goes but I sort of like that Ashleys pissing about with this is now guaranteed to cost him some money.

I want to see him out for as cheap as possible let him see how it feels to be pissed off. 

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

I want to see him out for as cheap as possible let him see how it feels to be pissed off. 

Be careful of what you wish for. If the club is relegated he won't sell.

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Be careful of what you wish for. If the club is relegated he won't sell.

He'd probably lose even more money potentially no sale,no big TV money, no or very little free tv advertising. Probably no Rafa & possibly not 52,000 in SJP every fortnight an awful lot hinges on what happens in this window.

He's a gambler and has been all his life, he's now gambling that the club stays up. He'll want a profit so he won't sell if relegated obviously given the worth of the club would just about halve, but he'll gamble in the hope that the club bounces back up like the last two attempts with minimal cost of course, and that is no guarantee. He is a cunt.

Todays "presser" should be interesting as Rafa will be asked if he knows his budget yet. It'll be interesting how he answers because with just a few days until the window opens he should know. I'm not expecting him giving a figure but at least to say he knows. If he says he still doesnt know i think we should be worried because how can he identify players if he doesnt know the budget.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

When people say Ashley is a "gambler" what do they really mean? 

Where NUFC are concerned he always seems to place the same bet. And lose.

I think the connotation is that he's a shite gambler.

Everyone gambles all the time, guys like Musk/Bezos/Jobs most of all.  They just tend to make gambles with a positive expected value so we don't think of them as "gamblers".

Either that or they play the system and never actually make a penny. <_< 

Edited by adios

17 minutes ago, adios said:

I think the connotation is that he's a shite gambler.

Everyone gambles all the time, guys like Musk/Bezos/Jobs most of all.  They just tend to make gambles with a positive expected value so we don't think of them as "gamblers".

Either that or they play the system and never actually make a penny. <_< 

Yeah I think the whole SD thing has gone to his head. :lol:

I think he's wanted to sell for ages now. The free Sports Direct advertising is a bonus he's exploited whilst owning the club rather than a reason for owning the club. As others have pointed out the latter makes no economic sense. The reason he hasn't sold it before now is he was willing to hang onto it until he got someone willing to pay his asking price (i.e. so he could get out without making a loss). HF's argument that it's an appreciating asset has some merit but football clubs are odd things in that no one really seems to make any money out of them (unless you bought one ages ago like the Halls and Shepherd) so there's not many people who come along very often actually having the finance and the desire to purchase one. Ashley will be aware of this and will perhaps view it as a good opportunity to make a profit. Given how badly he's run it and the precarious position he continues to put it in then the gambler in him, if you want to call it that, may well see this as the right time to cash in. He's perfectly capable of fucking things up as well of course by trying to be clever (as suggested by trying to kid Stavely into thinking there were other interested parties etc.).

3 hours ago, Haydnator said:

Michael Martin :lol::lol:

That bloke is an utter bellwhiff. He tweeted earlier on in this takeover malark that he was told the consortium was Egyptian.  :lol:

Have noticed a fair bit of stick directed at him on here. Have to say I always enjoyed tf before it went digital, and have never seen him as an attention seeker/blagger/ dick particularly. 

Why the resentment?

31 minutes ago, heatonrifles said:

Have noticed a fair bit of stick directed at him on here. Have to say I always enjoyed tf before it went digital, and have never seen him as an attention seeker/blagger/ dick particularly. 

Why the resentment?

I've always enjoyed his articles myself plus he's a member of the Ashleyout.com gang so its a yes from me

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

That said, the AshleyOut campaign have been very effective in achieving their aims.

It was never fully supported the way it should have been. The stunts Ashley's pulled over the years e's took the piss out of almost everyone & anyone  connected to club with very little protest. Re-naming the ground undermining Hughton, Keegan, Shearer & Rafa. SD sineage all over SJP running the club on a shoestring. The blokes only interested in money he bought the club for a bet i'll be glad to see him waddle out of the club. He's caused a Decade of Dogshit. Fanks Mike you CNUT

4 hours ago, heatonrifles said:

Why the resentment?

He tried to arrange a walk out a day or so before the Cardiff game under Pardew when there was already one planned by SackPardew. He doesn't like not being involved.

Also a few month back, a lad started a fund for a Tiote tribute flag and asked Gallowgate Flags to help out then mentioned Gallowgate Flags in the info on the donation page. Martin then accused the lad of fraud and rang the police and contacted Luke Edwards about it. :lol: He completely went off on one like, even though he was being fact checked constantly by everyone he 100% maintained his completely absurd position. It was fucking weird. :lol:

He's just a complete arse.

Edited by Haydnator
  • Like 1

Yeah, know someone who worked closely with him who did say he can throw his toys out the pram now and again, and perhaps the flag thing was an overreaction, but I reckon he’s a well meaning fella.

always struck me as a voice of reason and has never sought to draw attention to himself that much.

id rather see him as some sort of fans ‘rep’ than, say, the likes of wraith.

one o them innit 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official