Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

22 hours ago, trooper said:

This from todays Chronicle ...

It is understood that the Premier League has also yet to begin conducting a ‘fit and proper person test’, Such a process can take weeks, and would need to occur before the Premier League could ratify any new ownership of the Magpies.

The doesn't stop an ownership change though, can happen after a takeover, lets face it it's unlikely any owner would fail those tests given we're not being bought by the Russian mafia unlike some.

Agreed. I assume the bloke is trying to create a story that this is Ashley clawing back a bigger percentage of Sports Direct using proceeds of the sale of NUFC, but as you say it’s not going to be out of his pocket with a buy back from a PLC that I assume he isn’t in full control of. I would have thought any move like that would have come through MASH Holdings rather than Sports Direct International. 

Edited by Howay

25 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed. I assume the bloke is trying to create a story that this is Ashley clawing back a bigger percentage of Sports Direct using proceeds of the sale of NUFC, but as you say it’s not going to be out of his pocket with a buy back from a PLC that I assume he isn’t in full control of. I would have thought any move like that would have come through MASH Holdings rather than Sports Direct International. 

Don't companies dish out shares when they need to raise a lot of money for investment etc ?

Buyback normally means the opposite so is the biggest shareholder expecting a lumpa from somewhere else ?

Just guessing like, and hoping.

4 minutes ago, adios said:

What @ewerk and @Howay said is the first thing that crossed my mind.

A buyback first would be arse backwards.

Well i guess they're right, i know zip about business, i just seen it over at On line and got my hopes up.

18 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Buyback normally means the opposite so is the biggest shareholder expecting a lumpa from somewhere else ?

The money for a buyback won't come from Ashley though. It will come from Sports Direct's retained earnings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

Don't companies dish out shares when they need to raise a lot of money for investment etc ?

Aye you’re right they either sell stock or have a debt financing by selling bonds if they want to increase their capital to invest, takeover another company, etc. 

A buyback is usually to regain controlling percentage and as you’ve mentioned about the biggest shareholder possibly expecting a lump so has sought greater control being the source of this is what I think the author is trying to hint at.

Sadly as ewerk says that sort of funding would come from Sports Direct Intl’s Retained earnings. If it was MASH holdings it could be more likely that it was coming through Ashley (depending how it was structured, I don’t know how Ashley has his holding company structured), even then I think it’d be a bit of a stretch. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

Would also really fuck up his bargaining power if it was true unless the deal is signed, sealed, delivered and then we'd already know that.

So it really is beyond stretching it.

• Like 1

I’ve read the guys ‘update’ and it confirms that he’s an idiot that doesn’t understand the subject he’s talking about. Just a ‘student’ who thinks he’s clever because his fancy dan lecturer told him he was special.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I’ve read the guys ‘update’ and it confirms that he’s an idiot that doesn’t understand the subject he’s talking about. Just a ‘student’ who thinks he’s clever because his fancy dan lecturer told him he was special.

Golfball through a hose pipe special 

Don’t know how to embed the tweets on my phone properly:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mickquinn1089/status/949362267606409218

:lol: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mickquinn1089/status/949358540992458752

He also retweeted a fake ssn story, said he was only joking with that retweet and that he wouldn’t string NUFC fans along unless he thought there was some truth. 

Probably bollocks mind. 

Edited by Howay

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official